Northern Township, Franklin County, Illinois
Location in Franklin County
Franklin County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1884|
|• Total||36.6 sq mi (95 km2)|
|• Land||36.49 sq mi (94.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.12 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.33%|
|Elevation||492 ft (150 m)|
|• Density||13/sq mi (5/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62836, 62860|
|GNIS feature ID||0429456|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.6 square miles (95 km2), of which 36.49 square miles (94.5 km2) (or 99.70%) is land and 0.12 square miles (0.31 km2) (or 0.33%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Macedonia (west half)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these five cemeteries: Gilgal, Jacksonville, Macedonia, Middle Fork, Smith and Walnut Grove.
- Hamilton County Community Unit School District 10
- Illinois' 12th congressional district
- State House District 117
- State Senate District 59
- "Northern Township, Franklin County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.