Cedarville Township, Greene County, Ohio
|Cedarville Township, Greene County, Ohio|
|— Township —|
|Whitelaw Reid, northwest of Cedarville|
|• Total||39.1 sq mi (101.3 km2)|
|• Land||39.1 sq mi (101.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,047 ft (319 m)|
|• Density||130.2/sq mi (50.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086166|
Cedarville Township is one of the twelve townships of Greene County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 5,092 people in the township, 1,264 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northeastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Green Township, Clark County - north
- Madison Township, Clark County - northeast
- Ross Township - east
- New Jasper Township - south
- Xenia Township - southwest
- Miami Township - northwest
The village of Cedarville is located in central Cedarville Township.
Name and history 
It is the only Cedarville Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Greene County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- Cedarville Township Trustee Meeting, Cedarville Chamber of Commerce, n.d. Accessed 2011-08-18.