Sugarcreek Township, Greene County, Ohio
|Sugarcreek Township, Greene County, Ohio|
|• Total||26.7 sq mi (69.2 km2)|
|• Land||26.7 sq mi (69.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||807 ft (246 m)|
|• Density||248.5/sq mi (95.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086174|
Located in the southwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships and city:
- Beavercreek Township - north
- Spring Valley Township - east
- Wayne Township, Warren County - south
- Washington Township, Montgomery County - west
- Kettering - northwest
Name and history
Sugarcreek Township was established in 1803.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Greene County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Broadstone, Michael A. (1918). History of Greene County, Ohio: Its People, Industries and Institutions, Volume 1. B.F. Bowen. p. 238.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- Sugarcreek Township - Greene County - Ohio, was established in 1803 and is Governed by a Board of Trustees (3)
- ~ http://www.city-data.com/township/Sugarcreek-Greene-OH.html
- Bellbrook (Sugarcreek Twp, Greene County, Ohio), was first laid out in 1816 and achieved City status in 1974
- Over the past several years, three (3) Additional Cities outside of Sugarcreek Twp. have annexed parts of the Twp.
- The City of Xenia (Greene County, Ohio), annexed in Northeastern Sugarcreek Twp.
- The City of Kettering (Montgomery County, Ohio), annexed in Northwestern Sugarcreek Twp.
- The City of Centerville (Montgomery County, Ohio), annexed in West / Northwestern Sugarcreek Twp.