Miami Township, Greene County, Ohio
|Miami Township, Greene County, Ohio|
Camp Hugh Taylor Birch, a Boy Scout camp, is located in Miami Township
Municipalities and townships of Greene County.
|• Total||27.7 sq mi (71.7 km2)|
|• Land||27.6 sq mi (71.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||1,017 ft (310 m)|
|• Density||185.2/sq mi (71.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086169|
Miami Township is one of the twelve townships of Greene County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 5,106 people in the township, 1,215 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Green Township, Clark County - northeast
- Cedarville Township - southeast
- Xenia Township - southwest
- Bath Township - west
- Mad River Township, Clark County - northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Greene County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.