||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (July 2012)|
Choghadiya Panchang is a Vedic Hindu calendar. Showing Dina, Nakshatra, Tithi, Yoga, Karana for everyday, with automatic adjustment for any city in the world based on Sunset and sunrise of every city in the world.
Ghadi (now used for a clock in Hindi) is an ancient measure for calculations of time in India roughly equivalent to 24 minutes. Cho-ghadiya means four ghadi which totals to 96 minutes. Most of choghadiya are of a figure around 96 minutes.
As per Vedic Astrology, it is advisable to perform necessary prayers, on a particular time phase of the day to get maximum benefits of health, wealth and prosperity. One can get the appropriate time of Muhurta (Auspicious Occasion) from the Panchang.
Types of Choghadiya
There are totally seven types of Choghdiya.
- Amrut, Shubh and Labh are considered the most auspicious Choghadiyas. (Time Period)
- Chal is considered as good Choghadiya . (Time Period)
- Udveg, Kal and Rog is considered inauspicious.
Method of calculation
based on the above The daytime period is 12 hours and 01 minutes (721 minutes). The nighttime period is 11 hours and 59 minutes (719 minutes).
Therefore, each daytime Choghadiya lasts 721/8 = 90.125 minutes = 1 hour 30 minutes 7.5 seconds And each night-time Choghadiya last 736/8 = 92 minutes = 1 hour 29 minutes 52.5 second
- Get the current choghadiya for your location (Android)
- Get the current choghadiya for your location (iPhone and iPad)
- Calculate Chogadia for any day
- Location based choghadiya on Android - Muhuratam
- Location based Choghadiya based on Drik Ganita