Code of conduct
|Look up code of conduct in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A code of conduct is a set of rules outlining the responsibilities of or proper practices for an individual, party or organization. Related concepts include ethical, honor and moral codes, as well as halachic and religious laws.
In its 2007 International Good Practice Guidance, "Defining and Developing an Effective Code of Conduct for Organizations", the International Federation of Accountants provided the following working definition:
- "Principles, values, standards, or rules of behavior that guide the decisions, procedures and systems of an organization in a way that (a) contributes to the welfare of its key stakeholders, and (b) respects the rights of all constituents affected by its operations."
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and NGOs in Disaster Relief
- Code of the U.S. Fighting Force
- Declaration of Geneva
- Eight Precepts
- Ethic of reciprocity (Golden Rule)
- Five Pillars of Islam
- Five Precepts
- Hippocratic Oath
- ICC Cricket Code of Conduct
- International Code of Conduct against Ballistic Missile Proliferation (ICOC or Hague Code of Conduct)
- Israel Defense Forces - Code of Conduct
- Journalist's Creed
- Moral Code of the Builder of Communism
- People In Aid Code of Good Practice
- Pirate code of the Brethren
- Rule of St. Benedict
- Silver Rule
- Ten Commandments
- Ten Indian commandments
- Ten Precepts (Buddhism)
- Ten Precepts (Taoism)
- Warrior code
- Uniform Code of Military Justice
- Aviators Model Code of Conduct
- Software Engineers Code of Conduct
- Geneva convention
- Vienna Convention
- Scientology Code of Honor
- Declaration of Helsinki
- CCBE - Code of Conduct
- Psychologists' Code of Conduct
- Psychiatrists' Ethics - Madrid Declaration on Ethical Standards for Psychiatric Practice
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Codes of conduct.|
- http://www.djangoproject.com/conduct/, 2013-04-08.
- Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations 2012-09-19.
- http://www.scientology.org/what-is-scientology/the-scientology-creeds-and-codes/the-code-of-honor.html, 2012-09-19.
- http://www.ccbe.eu/fileadmin/user_upload/NTCdocument/EN_Code_of_conductp1_1306748215.pdf, 2012-09-21.
- http://www.efpa.eu/ethics, 2012-09-21.
- http://www.apa.org/ethics/code/index.aspx, 2012-09-21.
- http://wpanet.org/detail.php?section_id=5&content_id=48, 2013-02-28.