Cory Brandan Putman
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (April 2010)|
Cory Brandan live in 2007
|Birth name||Cory Brandan Putman|
|Born||April 11, 1976|
|Genres||Hard rock, metalcore|
|Associated acts||Eso-Charis, Living Sacrifice, Fear is the Driving Force, Uses Fire, Norma Jean, The Radio Sky|
He is a former member of bands Eso-Charis, Living Sacrifice, The Handshake Murders, and Uses Fire, and a current member of the bands Fear is the Driving Force and The Radio Sky. He was one of the founding members of Mathcore band Eso-Charis, along with Matthew Putman and Arthur Green who eventually went on to join the band Living Sacrifice. He played guitar for a tour through Norway and Sweden with Living Sacrifice, before being replaced by Rocky Gray (who would go on to play drums in Evanescence and guitar in Soul Embraced).
Brandan then toured with and later joined Norma Jean permanently as their lead vocalist, replacing former vocalist Josh Scogin. Since Brandan has joined Norma Jean, they have released five records; O God, the Aftermath released in 2005, Redeemer in 2006, The Anti Mother, which was released on August 5, 2008 through Solid State Records, Meridional released July 12, 2010 through Razor & Tie, and Wrongdoers on August 6th 2013. The Anti Mother featured guest writing and vocals by notable artists Chino Moreno of the Deftones, Page Hamilton of Helmet, and Cove Reber of Saosin.
Despite near constant touring with the band, Brandan maintains his most important role as the head of his family, a dedicated father to his two children, and dedicated husband to his wife and fellow artist, Rachel Rodemann.
In late 2008 Brandan merged his music business experience with his artistic talents and went public with his graphic and clothing design company UNwork. Since UNwork's conception, Brandan has designed for bands small and large across the country. As a former struggling band member himself, he understands the necessities of keeping designs inexpensive to print, and specializes in these cheap-to-print one and two color designs.
On the UNwork Myspace, Brandan writes: "I have been doing UNwork for years now, it's not really important how long exactly. I have been doing other things for the past 6 years (Norma Jean, The Radio Sky and Fear is the Driving Force) and it has kept me away from this almost completely. I have always been interested in all kinds of art and have recently really wanted to do UNwork again."
- With Eso-Charis
- The Plateau Green (1997)
- Eso-Charis (1998)
- Setting Roots For Winter 7" (2000)
- With Norma Jean
- O God, the Aftermath (2005)
- Redeemer (2006)
- The Anti Mother (2008)
- Meridional (2010)
- Wrongdoers (2013)
- With Fear Is the Driving Force
- Volume Zero
- Guest vocals
- Last Chance to Breathe by Spoken (2005)
- The March by Unearth (2008)
- Rising Sun by Stray from the Path (2011)
- Raise the Dead by Le Castle Vania (2013)
- US. "Fear Is The Driving Force | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos". Myspace.com. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- US. "The Radio Sky (Album available for free!) | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos". Myspace.com. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- "Norma Jean's Cory Brandan Is a Single Dad". Noisecreep. July 13, 2010. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- "Norma Jean's Cory Brandan Is 'a Lot Happier'". Noisecreep. February 11, 2010. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- interviews » (December 17, 2009). "Interview with Norma Jean vocalist and guitarist Cory Brandan Putman « Interviews «". Puregrainaudio.com. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- "Foto's van Rachel Putman". Facebook. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- "Norma Jean Vocalist Will Have Fun Designing for Your Band". Noisecreep. March 22, 2010. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- "Cory Brandan (Cory Brandan - Unwork) on Myspace". Myspace.com. September 21, 2008. Retrieved May 6, 2013.