Cranbourne railway station
Platform 1 in April 2009
|Address||Station Street, Cranbourne|
|Distance||45.12 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Tracks||2 (1 island)|
|Opened||1 October 1888|
|Station status||Premium station|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
Six stabling sidings are provided north-west of the station, on the site of the former goods yards. The sidings opened in November 2008 and are accessible by trains from Platform 2 only.
However, the Victorian government still has plans to reintroduce rail services to Leongatha in the future as well as extending the electrified line 3.5 kilometres to Cranbourne East. The last regular train ran beyond Cranbourne on 15 January 1998, when the Koala Siding (near Nyora) to Spotswood station sand train ceased operation.
In November 1993 Train Order Working replaced Electric Staff safeworking to Cranbourne, then on 24 March 1995 the electrification and power signalling on the line was commissioned from Dandenong station.
In April 2008 work started on the construction of six train stabling sidings at Cranbourne station, to enable more trains to run on the line at peak times without duplicating the line. The works were completed in November 2008.
Platforms & services
Cranbourne Transit operate nine routes via Cranbourne station:
- 789: Cranbourne West - Frankston station
- 790: Cranbourne West - Frankston station
- 791: Cranbourne West - Frankston station
- 795: to Warneet
- 796: to Clyde 
- 797: Cranbourne town service
- 896: to Cranbourne East 
- 897: to Central Parkway
- 898: to Archers Field Drive
- Cranbourne Vicsig
- Chris Banger (March 1997). "Rail Passenger Service Withdrawals Since 1960". Newsrail (Australian Railway Historical Society): pages 77–82.
- "Farewell - The Sand Train". Newsrail (Australian Railway Historical Society): pages 71–76. February 1998.
- Fiddian, Mark (1997). Trains, Tracks, Travellers. A history of the Victorian Railways. South Eastern Independent Newspapers. p. page 154. ISBN 1-875475-12-5.
- "Media Release: Cranbourne Station Train Stabling Project on Track". Minister for Public Transport Media Release. www.dpc.vic.gov.au. Retrieved 2008-04-24.
- Cranbourne Line timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 789 Frankston - Cranbourne West timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 790 Frankston - Cranbourne West timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 791 Frankston - Cranbourne West timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 795 Warneet - Cranbourne timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 796 Cranbourne - Clyde timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 797 Cranbourne Town Service timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 896 Cranbrook Station - Cranbourne East timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 897 Cranbourne Station - Central Parkway timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 898 Cranbourne Station - Archers Field Drive timetable Public Transport Victoria
Media related to Cranbourne railway station, Melbourne at Wikimedia Commons
|Closed station navigation|
|South Gippsland line|
|Continued as the South Gippsland line|||||Clyde||Next station →|