Cypress Falls High School
|Cypress Falls High School|
|9811 Huffmeister Road
Houston, TX 77095
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District|
|Faculty||162 (on FTE basis)|
|Enrollment||3541 (as of 2013)|
|Student to teacher ratio||25.3|
|Color(s)||Green & Gold|
|Athletics conference||University Interscholastic League|
|Team name||Golden Eagles|
|Website||Cypress Falls High School website|
Cypress Falls High School is a secondary school in an unincorporated area of Harris County, Texas, United States. It opened in 1992. The current principal is Ms. Becky Denton. Cypress Falls is part of the Cypress Fairbanks Independent School District, which started during the late 19th century with a school named "The Cypress School". Originally, there were only 12 schools and it's now one of the largest districts in Houston, Texas. Cypress Woods High School relieved Cypress Falls when it opened in fall 2006.
The school's mascot is the golden eagle and their colors are gold and green. Their rival schools are Langham Creek High School and Cy-Fair High School. Cypress Falls offers several different extracurricular resources to enhance the student and parent experience. The principal maintains a blog on the high school's website to help keep the parents connected and people informed in general.
Since the school's second academic year in 1993-1994, their Symphonic Band has received Sweepstakes ratings every year. The only known school in the district to have a longer streak is Langham Creek High School.
Schools that feed into Cypress Falls include:
- Elementary schools: Fiest, Horne, Owens, Birkes (partial), Hairgrove (partial), Lamkin (partial), Lee (partial), Postma (partial), Rennell (partial), Tipps (partial)
- Middle schools: Labay, Aragon (partial), Truitt (partial)
During the school year of 2010-2011, Cypress Falls was the only school in its district to have all levels of its music department (band, orchestra, and choir) receive sweepstakes at their UIL Contest.
The Cypress Falls High School varsity men’s choir performed at the Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA) 2012 Clinic and Convention on Feb. 10 at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio. Selected from hundreds of submissions from across the state, the choir performed a concert before thousands of Texas music educators and students. The Cypress Falls men’s choir was led by head choir director Deidre Douglas.
The Cypress Falls High School Varsity Women's choir will be performing at the Texas Music Eduators Association (TMEA) 2015 Clinic and Convention at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio in February. Selected from hundreds of submissions from across the state, the choir will perform a concert before thousands of Texas music educators and students. In addition to performing at TMEA, the Varsity Women's choir will also be performing at the National American Choral Directors Association (ACDA) 2015 Convention in Salt Lake City on February of 2015. Selected from thousands of submissions from across the nation. This is the first choir chosen from the Cypress Fairbanks ISD to perform at the national level. The Cypress Falls Varsity Women's Choir is led by directors Deidre Douglas and Matthew Perez.
- Jaime Bubela, retired MLB outfielder
- Mike Dodson, former bass player for the David Crowder Band
- Biren Ealy, former NFL Wide Receiver
- Clint Everts, former MLB pitcher, Sugar Land Skeeters
- Chris Francies, AFL Wide Receiver, Utah Blaze
- Jarrett Gardner, guitarist for the hard rock band Pure Rubbish
- Chris Gbandi, soccer player, Miami FC
- Devin Gibson, Collegiate basketball Point Guard, UTSA
- Scott Kazmir, MLB pitcher, Oakland Athletics
- Andrew Livingston, Olympic swimmer
- Gabe Muoneke, retired basketball player
- Ricky Price, former NFL Safety
- Isaac Lyons, Accessory Designer
- Salo, Zone 4 Recording Artist / Songwriter
- Kuroko Shirai
- Stephanie Godare, Professional Golfer