|Website||DHL Express Division - Aviations|
DHL Aviation is a division of DHL Express (owned by Deutsche Post DHL) responsible for providing air transport capacity. It is not a single airline but refers to several airlines owned, co-owned or chartered by DHL Express. In 2009, Deutsche Post World Net rebranded to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL).
Deutsche Post owns five main airlines, which provide services by region:
- European Air Transport Leipzig is responsible for the major part of the European network and for longhaul services to the Middle East and Africa. From its hub at the Leipzig/Halle Airport it operates a fleet of 11 Boeing 757 Freighters and 16 Airbus A300-600 Freighters. With 3 A300-600 on order (from Maximus Air Cargo).
- DHL Air UK is based at East Midlands Airport, was purchased by DHL in 1989, and has since 2000 been operating a fleet of 22 Boeing 757-200SF freighters on intra-European services and a fleet of four new-built Boeing 767-300ERF Freighters, primarily on trans-atlantic routes.
- DHL Aero Expreso is the subsidiary in Central and South America, operating a fleet of Boeing 727-200 and 757-200 Freighters in Central- and South America, as well as serving destinations in the Caribbean and Florida.
- SNAS/DHL handles Middle East destinations from its headquarters and main regional hub at Bahrain International Airport, operating a fleet of Boeing 727-200 and 757-200 freighters. The fleet is deployed throughout the Middle East and in Africa.
- Blue Dart Aviation, is based at Chennai Airport, Chennai, India, with a fleet of 5 Boeing 757 Freighters and 3 Boeing 737 Freighters. It provides services for the Indian network of DHL and regional charters.
It also owns the following smaller airlines:
Deutsche Post also has stakes in the following airlines, some of which also operate under the DHL brand or livery:
- AeroLogic, Schkeuditz (Leipzig), Germany (50%).
- Air Hong Kong, Hong Kong (40%).
- ABX Air, Inc. Wilmington, OH, USA (0%, Contract).
- Polar Air Cargo, Purchase, NY, USA (49%).
- Southern Air, Norwalk, CT, USA (0%, Contract).
- Solenta Aviation, Johannesburg, South Africa (unknown).
- Tasman Cargo Airlines, Sydney, Australia (49%).
DHL Express's global headquarters are part of the Deutsche Post headquarters in Bonn.
|Airbus A300-600RF||29||0||10 - Air Hong Kong
19 - European Air Transport Leipzig
|ATR 42-300F||3||0||1 - Aero Express Del Ecuador
1 - DHL de Guatemala
1 - Vensecar Internacional
|Boeing 727-200F||6||0||3 - K-Mile Air
3 - Vensecar Internacional
|Boeing 737-200CF||1||0||Blue Dart Aviation|
|Boeing 737-400SF||4||4||3 - Air Contractors
5 - Southern Air
|Boeing 747-400 (BCF)||11||0||3 - Air Hong Kong
2 - Kalitta Air
6 - Atlas Air
|Boeing 747-8F||4||0||Atlas Air|
|Boeing 757-200F||44||0||5 - Blue Dart Aviation
3 - DHL Aero Expreso
22 - DHL Air UK
3 - DHL International Aviation ME
11 - European Air Transport Leipzig
|Boeing 767-200F||7||0||2 - DHL International Aviation ME
5 - Atlas Air
|Boeing 767-300ERF||6||0||2 - Atlas Air
4 - DHL Air UK
|Boeing 777F||12||0||8 - AeroLogic
4 - Southern Air
- Does not contain fleet data from ABX Air, Inc., Solenta Aviation, Cargo Air, Swiftair, Farnair Switzerland, Aeronaves TSM, Transmile Air Services.
- Blue Dart Aviation Fleet Details and History - Planespotters.net Just Aviation
- "Participation list". Annual Financial Statements. Deutsche Post AG. Retrieved 2008-11-07.[dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to DHL Aviation.|