|Traded as||SET: DTAC
|Lars-Åke Norling (CEO)|
Total Access Communication Public Company Limited, commonly known as DTAC, is the second largest GSM mobile phone provider in Thailand (after AIS). DTAC is owned by Telenor both directly and indirectly. As of 31 December 2011, dtac had 23.2 million subscribers with the market share of subscribers at around 30%.
As of 23 June 2010, the company's registered capital was 4,744,161,260 baht of which 4,735,622,000 baht was paid-up capital and divided into 2,367,811,000 ordinary shares with a par value of 2 baht.
As of 11 April 2012, DTAC's parent company became BCTN Holding.
DTAC has won the "Best Mobile Operator of Thailand" award for three consecutive years (2005–2007) from Asian MobileNews Awards 2007, organized by Asian MobileNews Magazine.
Services and coverage
DTAC claims to have the second widest coverage nationwide, compared to its main rival AIS, with 8,300 base stations installed as of 2008 on the 800 MHz and 1800 MHz bands.
As of 2013 DTAC is offering both EDGE and 3G services on its postpaid and prepaid brands DTAC Happy. Unlimited Internet access stands at a price of 999 baht per month or 49 baht per day (numerous cheaper hourly packages are available, and, in 2010, traffic-based packages were also introduced, obviously due to the increasing popularity of smartphones). DTAC has international roaming agreements with 147 countries.
Currently DTAC is offering 3G commercial service as seen on this coverage map. 3G service can be used with 3G compatible mobile devices (WCDMA 850 and 2100 or HSPA 850 and 2100) with speeds up to of 42 Mbit/s.
DTAC includes the following subsidiaries :
- DTAC TriNet (Mobile phone operator)
- DTAC Phone
- "DTAC in plans to launch "People’s IPO"". New Europe. Retrieved 2007-11-18.
- "Verso and Comnet Provide Thailand's Second Largest Mobile Phone Operator with NetPerformer Solution; Verso's Bandwidth Optimization Solution to Connect Call Centers throughout Thailand". Findarticles.com. 18 October 2005. Retrieved 2007-11-18.
- DTAC (2010). Annual Report 2009. Retrieved 23 Jun 2010.
- "DTAC Company Profile". Stock Exchange of Thailand. Retrieved 23 Jun 2010.
- "DTAC 3G/4G Plans". DTAC Website. Retrieved 13 Mar 2013.
- Official website
- DTAC 2G/3G/4G Postpaid Plans
- DTAC 2G/3G/4G Prepaid Plans
- DTAC 4G and its technology
|This Thailand-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Asian corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|