Dauphin Island Airport
|Dauphin Island Airport|
NAIP aerial image, 23 June 2006
|IATA: none – ICAO: none – FAA LID: 4R9|
|Serves||Dauphin Island, Alabama|
|Elevation AMSL||5 ft / 2 m|
Dauphin Island Airport (FAA LID: 4R9) is a county-owned public-use airport in Mobile County, Alabama, United States. It is just northwest of the central business district of Dauphin Island, a town located on a barrier island. The airport is on Mobile Bay, west of the Aloe Bay Channel.
Facilities and aircraft
Dauphin Island Airport covers an area of 22 acres (9 ha) at an elevation of 5 feet (2 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 12/30 with an asphalt surface measuring 3,000 by 80 feet (914 x 24 m). For the 12-month period ending May 18, 2010, the airport had 3,650 general aviation aircraft operations, an average of 10 per day.
- FAA Airport Master Record for 4R9 ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 25 August 2011.
- "About the Island: Dauphin Island Airport". Dauphin Island Property. Retrieved 27 July 2009.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A (PDF, 2.03 MB)" (PDF). 2011–2015 National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. 4 October 2010.
- "2009–2013 NPIAS Report, Appendix A: Part 1 (PDF, 1.33 MB)" (PDF). 2009–2013 National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. 15 October 2008.
- Aerial image as of 15 February 1997 from USGS The National Map
- Birding areas at Dauphin Island Airport
- Resources for this airport: