|Owner:||Triton Hungary Asset Management|
|Port of registry:||Marshall Islands, Majuro|
|Builder:||Samsung Heavy Industries
Geoje, South Korea
|Laid down:||21 July 1998|
|Launched:||30 April 1999|
|Identification:||ABS class no: 9936928
Call sign: V7HD2
DNV ID: 24035
IMO number: 9180229
|Length:||221.5 m (727 ft)|
|Beam:||42 m (138 ft)|
|Depth:||20 m (66 ft)|
|Installed power:||3 × Wärtsilä 18V32 9,333 hp diesel gensets
3 × Wärtsilä 12V32 6,266 hp diesel gensets
|Propulsion:||6 × Kamewa 4,000 kW azimuth thrusters|
|Capacity:||Cargo oil: 15,870 m3 (560,000 cu ft)
Freshwater: 1,355 m3 (47,900 cu ft)
Fuel oil: 5,378 m3 (189,900 cu ft)
Tank ballast: 81,085 m3 (2,863,500 cu ft)
Deepwater Millennium is a fifth generation Samsung/Reading & Bates designed, dynamic positioned (DP) Marshall Islands-flagged drillship owned by Transocean. The vessel is capable of drilling in water depths up to 8,100 ft (upgradable to 10,000 ft) using an 18.75 in (47.6 cm), 15,000 psi blowout preventer (BOP), and a 21 in (53 cm) outside diameter (OD) marine riser.
Built originally for R&B Falcon, she was completed in 1999 by Samsung Heavy Industries in Geoje, South Korea. In 2001 R&B Falcon merged with Transocean Sedco-Forex. She is the third of five Deepwater Pathfinder class ships.
After initial work in the Gulf of Mexico, Deepwater Millennium has drilled wells off West and East Africa and Brazil. With the exception of one well off Nova Scotia in the summer of 2002, she was in the Gulf continuously from 2001 to 2008. Her work includes wells for Kerr-McGee, Pioneer, Marathon Oil, Mariner, Chevron Corporation, Anadarko Petroleum Corporation, Statoil, and Petrobras.
- "ABS Record: Deepwater Millennium". American Bureau of Shipping. Retrieved 4 June 2010.
- "Vessel Info: Deepwater Millennium". DNV Exchange. Det Norske Veritas. 2010. Retrieved 4 June 2010.
- "Deepwater Millennium". Transocean. 2010. Retrieved 7 June 2010.
- Mobile Geographics LLC. "Deepwater Millennium (callsign V7HD2) Location History".
- Anadarko Petroleum (31 August 2006). "BP & Partners Make Discovery at Kaskida Prospect in the Gulf of Mexico". Rigzone. Retrieved 4 June 2010.
- Transocean official website
- Deepwater Millennium at RigZone
- Deepwater Millennium — V7HD2 — latest reported position from Sailwx