Dieter Nuhr (born October 29, 1960 in Wesel, North Rhine-Westphalia) is a German comedian. From 1981 to 1989, Nuhr studied art and history at the Folkwang Hochschule in Essen. From 1982 to 1987 he attended the University of Duisburg-Essen, where he studied to become a teacher. As of 2010, Nuhr lives in Ratingen, North Rhine-Westphalia.
From 1982 to 1992, he was an active artist, and several of his works were exhibited in the Rhineland. In 1987 he appeared for the first time as a cabarettist, and in 1992 he arranged his first solo stage program. He has since gained notoriety for his numerous television appearances on Quatsch Comedy Club (Channel Pro7) and 7 Tage, 7 Köpfe (lit. 7 days, 7 heads) on the channel RTL.
Nuhr is regarded as a mediator between classical comedy and intelligent Stand-up comedy. In his work, he gives a critical glance to social behaviour in society and media, often satirising relationships and families. Nuhr has also been known to caricature the typical German know-it-all. A typical example is his famous saying that is frequently quoted in forums and Newsgroups due to its very provocative nature: "Wenn man keine Ahnung hat: Einfach mal Fresse halten", which translates to, "If you have no idea: just keep your mouth shut for once."
- Deutscher Kleinkunstpreis (1998)
- Bayerischer Kabarettpreis (Bavarian Cabaret Awards) (2000)
- Morenhovener Lupe (2000)
- Deutscher Comedy-Preis: Bester Liveact (German Comedy-Prize: best Live Act) (2003)
- Deutscher Comedy-Preis: Bester Komiker (German Comedy-Prize: best comedian) (2009/10)
Since "nur" means only, simply or just in German, the titles of his stand-up programs and CDs often involve puns.
- Nuhr am Nörgeln, lit. Nuhr grousing or Just grousing(1994)
- Nuhr weiter so, lit. Nuhr, go on or Just going on (1996)
- Nuhr nach vorn, lit. Nuhr, go ahead or Just going ahead (1998)
- www.nuhr.de (2000)
- www.nuhr.de/2 (2002)
- Ich bin's Nuhr, lit. It's me, Nuhr or It's just me (2004)
- Nuhr die Wahrheit, lit.Nuhr the truth or Only the truth (2007)
- Nuhr die Ruhe, lit. Nuhr the calmness or Stay calm (2009)
- Quatsch Comedy Club 1&2
- Nuhr vom Feinsten, lit. The Best Of Nuhr or Only the best(2004)
- Ich bin's nuhr, lit. It's me, Nuhr or It's just me (2006)
- Gibt es intelligentes Leben ? lit.Does intelligent life exist ?
- Wer's glaubt, wird selig lit.Don't you believe it!
- "Dieter Nuhr erklimmt den 'Satire Gipfel'" [Dieter Nuhr reaches 'satire peak']. Spiegel Online (in German). 2010-09-28. Retrieved 2011-04-11.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dieter Nuhr.|