|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
Ecotec (capitalized ECOTEC, from 'Emissions Control Optimisation TEChnology') is a General Motors (GM) trademark that refers to a series of emissions technologies that were implemented throughout a range of GM engines. ECOTEC can refer to the following diesel and petrol engines produced by General Motors:
- Ecotec Family II - Straight-4 all-aluminium DOHC engines produced by Adam Opel AG, GM Powertrain US, GM do Brasil, and Holden Engine Company.
- Ecotec V6 - a version of the Series II 3800 V6 engine, produced by the Holden Engine Company between 1995 and 2004.
- CDTI Ecotec - common rail diesel engines for Opel/Vauxhall cars (Common Rail Diesel Turbo Injection):
- VCDi Ecotec - common rail diesel engines for Chevrolet and Holden cars, produced by GM Korea (a licensed VM Motori RA 420 SOHC and Family Z).
- DTI Ecotec - diesel engines for use in Opel/Vauxhall cars, produced by Isuzu (Circle L) (Diesel Turbo Injection)
- SIDI Ecotec - petrol Medium Gasoline Engine produced by Adam Opel AG (Spark Ignition Direct Injection)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.