||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (November 2008)|
Esther Cañadas at The Brandery show (2010)
March 1, 1977 |
|Spouse(s)||Mark Vanderloo (12 June 1999 - November 2000) div
Sete Gibernau (14 April 2007 - present) filed for divorce
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||48 kg (110 lb; 7.6 st)|
|Hair color||Dark Blond|
Originally, Cañadas wanted to pursue a career as a criminologist, but her mother persuaded her to give modeling a try.
Cañadas signed her first contract with the Take 2 Agency after winning a local competition for a teen magazine. She represented her country in a model search and was sent to South Africa. She then moved to Barcelona on her own to begin working.
Cañadas has walked the catwalk for many designers, including Chloé, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Versace, Chanel, Michael Kors, Calvin Klein, Alexander McQueen, Yves Saint Laurent, Valentino, Moschino, Custo Barcelona and Givenchy.
She moved to New York City in 1996 and has since appeared in campaigns for Atelier Versace, Gianfranco Ferré, Donna Karan, and Saks Fifth Avenue, as well as appearing in the Victoria's Secret catalog. She is probably most known, however, for her appearances in DKNY ads. She has graced the cover of Mademoiselle, Marie Claire Italy, Mondo Uomo, as well as Vogue Spain—all in 1997.
She is signed to Unique Models in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Cañadas met her first husband, Mark Vanderloo on the set of a Donna Karan advertising shoot in 1997. They married in 1999, but divorced in November 2000. She married MotoGP rider Sete Gibernau. In January 2004 the couple adopted a baby Indian girl, whom they named Maxine. In 2008, Gibernau confirmed that he had split with Cañadas.
In September 2013, it was announced that she is engaged to Vikram Chatwal.
- Trileros (2003)
- Torrente 2: Misión en Marbella (2001)
- Enslavement: The True Story of Fanny Kemble (2000, TV)
- The Thomas Crown Affair (1999)
Notable TV guest appearances
- Cinema Mil playing "Anfitriona" (archive footage) (uncredited) (episode # 1.10) 17 September 2005
- Cinema Mil playing "Anna Knudsen/Anna Knutzhorn" (archive footage) (episode # 1.2) 23 July 2005
- Lo + plus playing "Herself" 24 March 2004
- Entre Línies playing "Herself" 18 September 2000
- Mundo VIP" playing "Herself" in episode: "Show nº220" (episode # 5.32) 12 August 2000
- Esther Cañadas at the Internet Movie Database
- Esther Cañadas at the Fashion Model Directory
- AskMen.com Profile
- Vogue interview