Faculty of Dental Sciences, University of Peradeniya
|Faculty of Dental Sciences, University of Peradeniya|
|Dean||Dr. Upul B. Dissanayaka|
|Location||Peradeniya, Sri Lanka|
Coordinates: Faculty of Dental Sciences, University of Peradeniya is one of the eight faculties of University of Peradeniya and the only institution that trains dental surgeons in Sri Lanka. It conducts both undergraduate programs (Degree of Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)) and postgraduate programs.
The only dental hospital in Sri Lanka, the Peradeniya Dental (Teaching) Hospital functions as the clinical unit of the faculty. the Dental School of the University of Ceylon was established in 1943. It was moved from Colombo to Augosta Hill, Peradeniya in 1954. In 1974, Dental Schools was amalgamated into the Faculty of Medical, Dental & Veterinary Sciences of the Peradeniya Campus. The teaching hospital was declared open and integrated to the faculty in 1998 as a Rs. 1.2 billion project.
- Department of Basic Sciences
- Division of Pharmocology
- Department Oral Surgery/Cleft Care
- Department of Oral Medicine & Periodontology
- Department of Prosthetic Dentistry
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Radiology
- Department of Oral Pathology
- Department of Restorative Dentistry
- Department of Community Dental Health