Fairfield High School (Fairfield, Ohio)
|Fairfield High School|
|FHS as seen from Route 4
Creating Opportunities For Our Future
|8800 Holden Boulevard
Fairfield, Ohio, (Butler County), 45014
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|Asst. Principal||Austin Sanders;
|Chief custodian||Judy O' Connor|
|Color(s)||Red and White|
|Athletics conference||Greater Miami Conference|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Athletic Director||Mark Harden|
|Website||Farfield High School web site|
Fairfield High School is a public high school in Fairfield, Ohio. It is the only high school in the Fairfield City School District. It currently has about 2,400 students in grades 10-12. 808 students graduated in the class of 2009, making it the largest graduating class of any single high school in the state of Ohio.
Ohio High School Athletic Association State Championships
USA Today National Championships
Fairfield City School District
Nine Schools Make up the district -serves 10,000 students
- Senior High School [Grade 10-12]
- Freshmen School [Grade 9]
- Middle School [Grade 7-8]
- Intermediate School [Grade 5-6]
- North Elementary
- West Elementary
- South Elementary
- East Elementary
- Central Elementary
Fairfield Senior High School boasts one of the largest high school arena's in the state, seating over 5,000. The Performing Arts Center has also been accaimed as one of the finest of any high school in the area.
Show Choir and Theatre
Fairfield Senior High School is very well known for its musical theatre productions and show choirs. They are home of the award winning "Choraliers" and "Pure Elegance" show choirs. In 2009, the "Choraliers" received the overall Grand Champion award at FAME's national level competition in Branson, MO. In 2011, the "Choraliers" finished 4th at the 1st annual FAME National Show Championship in Indianapolis, IN. They also have a streak placing top 3 in finals at every regional competition attended since 2006. In 2012, the Choraliers competed in the World Choir Games in Cincinnati and won first place in the Show Choir category. Since 1999, Fairfield's show choirs have hosted the "Fairfield Crystal Classic" every year on the first Saturday of March. The show choir competition is highly regarded as one of the finest in the country, winning the 2011 Aspire Award for "Best Regional Competition".
In 2008, Fairfield's drama club was one of four schools in the nation asked to perform Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera. Fairfield also holds the title of performing the very first amateur production of Webber's Starlight Express.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Retrieved 2009-12-21.
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on 2010-04-16.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Football". Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Baseball". Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- "Baseball records". USA Today. 2001-06-29. Retrieved 2013-03-24.
- "Show Choir Championship - Aspire Award Nomination". Retrieved 2013-03-24.