|Owned by||Rural Media Group|
|Slogan||Come Home to FamilyNet!"|
|Affiliates||Currently in over 25 million cable and satellite homes|
|Formerly called||National Christian Network (1979-1988)|
|Verizon Fios Charter||246|
FamilyNet is primarily a cable television network in over 25 million cable and satellite homes. The network was originally founded in 1979 as the National Christian Network, and took the name FamilyNet in 1988 under the ownership of Jerry Falwell. The channel was acquired by InTouch Ministries in October 2007 from the Southern Baptist Convention. In December 2009, FamilyNet was acquired by Robert A. Schuller's ComStar Media Fund. In 2010, FamilyNet was spun out into its own company, with Robert A. Schuller as the chairman.
FamilyNet carries programming geared to families of all ages, involving a mix of lifestyle programming, game shows, classic sitcoms and dramas, and movies.
- "I Dream of Jeannie" & "Bewitched"
- "All in the Family", "Barney Miller", "Good Times" and other classic television series.
- Also many classic movies from the Sony Television Library.
- Your Health, natural/alternative health advice
In September of 2014, FamilyNet is being rebranded with classic television series and movies from the Sony Pictures Television library.
- Dennis the Menace
- Diff'rent Strokes
- The Jeffersons
- The Partridge Family
- "Religious Networks Change for Profits". Broadcasting & Cable 114 (19): 51. 1988-05-09. ISSN 1068-6827.
- Noah, Mickey (October 29, 2007). "NAMB completes FamilyNet sale to In Touch". Baptist Press.
- "FamilyNet TV and Radio Network Sold to Robert A. Schuller's ComStar". Black Christian News. December 29, 2009. Retrieved November 13, 2012.
- "Celebrated Televangelist Robert Schuller Named Chairman of FamilyNet TV". March 23, 2011.
- "Rural Media Group Purchases FamilyNet". Melodika. October 24, 2012. Retrieved November 13, 2012.