George Edgar Slusser (July 14, 1939 – November 4, 2014), was an American scholar, professor and writer.
Along with publisher/editor Robert Reginald, he was one of the co-founders and Curator Emeritus of The J. Lloyd Eaton Collection of Science Fiction & Fantasy Literature, located in the Special Collections & Archives Department at the University of California, Riverside.
He was married to French/American scholar, professor and writer, Danièle Chatelain until his death.
A host of science fiction writers and scholars have studied under Slusser, including Howard V. Hendrix, David Leiby, Bradford M. Lyau, Daryl F. Mallett and more.
- A.B., University of California, Berkeley.
- Diplome d'Etudes Francais, Universite de Poitiers
- Ph.D., Comparative Literature, Harvard University, French, German, English, American & Spanish literature.
- Professor of Comparative Literature and Curator, J. Lloyd Eaton Collection of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Literature, University of California, Riverside
- Harvard Traveling Fellow
- Fulbright Lecturer (Germany, France)
- Coordinator of 23 Eaton Conferences