Goshen Township, Mahoning County, Ohio
|Goshen Township, Mahoning County, Ohio|
Municipalities and townships of Mahoning County
|• Total||32.8 sq mi (85.0 km2)|
|• Land||32.4 sq mi (84.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.4 sq mi (1.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,217 ft (371 m)|
|• Density||100/sq mi (38.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086563|
Located in the southwestern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Ellsworth Township - northeast
- Green Township - east
- Perry Township, Columbiana County - southeast
- Butler Township, Columbiana County - south
- Knox Township, Columbiana County - southwest corner
- Smith Township - west
- Berlin Township - northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Goshen township, Mahoning County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved February 16, 2007.
- Sanderson, Thomas W. (1907). Twentieth Century History of Youngstown and Mahoning County. Biographical Publishing Company. p. 204.
- Mack, Horace (1879). History of Columbiana County, Ohio: With Illustrations and Biographical Sketches of Some of Its Prominent Men and Pioneers. Unigraphic. p. 311.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed April 30, 2009.