Hólmar Örn Eyjólfsson
|Full name||Hólmar Örn Eyjólfsson|
|Date of birth||6 August 1990|
|Place of birth||Sauðárkrókur, Iceland|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back, Defensive midfielder|
|2008–2011||West Ham United||0||(0)|
|2009||→ Cheltenham Town (loan)||4||(0)|
|2010||→ Roeselare (loan)||9||(0)|
|2011–2013||VfL Bochum II||9||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 May 2015.
† Appearances (Goals).
Hólmar Örn Eyjólfsson (born 6 August 1990) is an Icelandic footballer who plays as a defender for Rosenborg in the Norwegian Premier League. He is the son of Eyjólfur Sverrisson, former Iceland international and manager.
West Ham United
Hólmar signed for West Ham United on 6 July 2008 from Icelandic team HK, where he previously made 19 first team appearances. In October 2009, Hólmar signed on loan for Cheltenham Town making his full debut on 3 October 2009 in the 1–1 home draw against Notts County. He returned to West Ham in November 2009 having made four appearances for Cheltenham. In January 2010, Hólmar joined K.S.V. Roeselare, on loan. He played 16 games for Roeselare but was unable to prevent the club's relegation to the Belgian Second Division. He then left West Ham in May 2011 when his contract ran out without having played a first-team game for them.
|2008–09||West Ham United||Premier League||0||0||0||0||—||0||0|
|2009–10||Cheltenham Town||League Two||4||0||0||0||—||0||0|
|2009–10||K.S.V. Roeselare||Pro League||9||0||3||0||—||12||0|
|2010–11||West Ham United||Premier League||0||0||0||0||—||0||0|
|2011–12||VfL Bochum II||Regionalliga West||3||0||—||—||3||0|
|2011–12||VfL Bochum||2. Bundesliga||11||0||0||0||—||11||0|
Capped previously at U-16 and U-17 level, Eyjólfsson was a key player at the 2007 European U-17 Championship and, although Iceland failed to make it beyond the group stage, was named by UEFA as one of the tournament's players to watch in future. Those finals in Belgium also saw him show his versatility as he played in a holding midfield role, although he prefers to play at the back.
Eyjólfsson made his U21 debut in November 2007 while still in the U19's and had an instant impact, helping Iceland to their first win of the 2009 European Championship qualifying campaign with a 2–1 victory in Belgium. He was in the starting line-up for the next three games. Though Iceland failed to make the play-offs, he became a regular starter in the U21 team. He scored his first international goal in a 9 October 2011 European Championship qualifier, which Iceland won 8–0 against San Marino. Hólmar received his first call-up to the Iceland national team in May 2012 in a friendly against Sweden
- "Eyjólfsson: Eine gute Entscheidung" [Eyjólfsson: A good decision] (in German). VfL Bochum. 8 February 2012. Retrieved 8 February 2012.
- "Iceland – Hólmar Örn Eyjólfsson – Profile with news, career statistics and history". Soccerway. Retrieved 24 May 2010.
- "Hólmar Eyjólfsson". worldfootball.net. Retrieved 16 September 2012.
- "Hólmar Örn Eyjólfsson" (in German). fussballdaten.de. Retrieved 20 September 2011.
- "Eyjolfsson, Holmar Örn" (in German). kicker. Retrieved 20 September 2011.
- "Holmar Orn Eyjolfsson". Whufc.com. Retrieved 8 September 2010.
- "Hólmar Örn Eyjólfsson" (in Icelandic). Football Association of Iceland. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- "United snap up Eyjolfsson". Whufc.com. 4 July 2008. Retrieved 24 May 2010.
- "Cheltenham sign Hammers defender". BBC News. 1 October 2009. Retrieved 24 May 2010.
- "Cheltenham 1 – 1 Notts County". BBC News. 3 October 2009. Retrieved 24 May 2010.
- "Hammers loan out youngster". Sky Sports. 9 January 2010. Retrieved 8 September 2010.
- "Disappointedment for Holmar". Whufc.com. 24 May 2010. Retrieved 31 May 2010.
- "Hólmar Örn farinn frá West Ham" (in Icelandic). www.futbolti.net. 17 May 2011. Retrieved 18 May 2011.
- "Europe's new stars shine". uefa.com. 15 May 2007. Retrieved 3 February 2012.
- Hólmar Örn Eyjólfsson career statistics at Soccerbase
- Hólmar Örn Eyjólfsson at fussballdaten.de (German)