|Tyres||Pirelli P Zero (dry), Cinturato (wet)|
|Notable entrants||HRT Formula 1 Team|
|Notable drivers||22. Pedro de la Rosa
23. Narain Karthikeyan
|Debut||2012 Australian Grand Prix|
The HRT F112,also known as the Hispania F112, is the last Formula One racing car designed by HRT F1 Team for use in the 2012 Formula One season. The car was driven by Pedro de la Rosa and Narain Karthikeyan.
The car was expected to be launched on 21 February, but was delayed until March when it failed two of its mandatory crash tests, and was unable to take a third test as passing one of the tests it failed was a pre-requisite of this third test. The car successfully completed its final crash test on 24 February. The team initially attempted to have the car ready for the third test of the off season in Barcelona, but were unable to make the deadline. The car made its on-track debut at the circuit on 5 March, during a combined shakedown and filming day, with Karthikeyan completing the maximum allowable one hundred kilometres for a shakedown. The car was launched with a white, gold and red livery, their third livery change in as many years.
The team faced further complications at the Australian Grand Prix when the chassis intended to be raced by Pedro de la Rosa was not finished before scrutineering on Thursday afternoon. The team requested the race stewards delay scrutineering of the car until Friday morning, with the FIA agreeing. The car was completed on time and approved by the race stewards. Although both cars took part in qualifying, neither driver qualified within 107% of the fastest time set in the first qualifying period, and they were blocked from starting the race for the second year in a row. The team admitted they were expecting to miss the qualifying cut-off, with team principal Luis Pérez-Sala predicting that the car would not be fully capable of qualifying until the second or third race of the season.
Complete Formula One results 
(key) (results in bold indicate pole position; results in italics indicate fastest lap)
|2012||HRT F1 Team||Cosworth CA2012||P||AUS||MAL||CHN||BHR||ESP||MON||CAN||EUR||GBR||GER||HUN||BEL||ITA||SIN||JPN||KOR||IND||ABU||USA||BRA||0||12th|
|Pedro de la Rosa||DNQ||21||21||20||19||Ret||Ret||17||20||21||22||18||18||17||18||Ret||Ret||17||21||17|
- Noble, Jonathan (25 January 2012). "Pirelli tweaks tyre markings for 2012 F1 season". Autosport.com (Haymarket Publications). Retrieved 29 January 2012.
- Beer, Matt (21 November 2011). "Pedro de la Rosa signs for HRT from 2012". Autosport (Haymarket Publications). Retrieved 21 November 2011.
- "Narain Karthikeyan completes HRTs lineup for 2012". HRT F1. 3 February 2012. Retrieved 3 February 2012.
- "HRT renews and extends its technical collaboration with Williams F1". HRT F1 Team. HRT F1. Retrieved 5 December 2011.
- Elizalde, Pablo (9 February 2012). "New HRT car now set for final F1 test after failing two crash tests". Autosport.com (Haymarket Publications). Retrieved 9 February 2012.
- Elizalde, Pablo (25 February 2012). "HRT passes all Formula 1 crash tests but Barcelona presence not certain". Autosport.com (Haymarket Publications). Retrieved 25 February 2012.
- Autosport http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97856
|url=missing title (help).
- Noble, Jonathan (15 March 2012). "HRT requests a delay to the scrutineering of Pedro de la Rosa's car". Autosport.com (Haymarket Publications). Retrieved 15 March 2012.
- "@NobleF1: 16 March". Twitter. Twitter Inc. 16 March 2012. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- "@adamcooperf1: 17 March". Twitter. Twitter Inc. 17 March 2012. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "FIA Friday press conference - Australia". Formula1.com (Formula One Group). 16 March 2012. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: HRT F112|