Hercules: The Thracian Wars
|Hercules: The Thracian Wars|
|Directed by||Brett Ratner|
|Produced by||Peter Berg
|Screenplay by||Ryan Condal
|Based on||Hercules (Radical Comics)
by Steve Moore
Ingrid Bolsø Berdal
|Editing by||Mark Helfrich|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures
Hercules: The Thracian Wars is an upcoming American action-adventure film, directed by Brett Ratner and starring Dwayne Johnson, Ian McShane, Reece Ritchie, Ingrid Bolsø Berdal, Joseph Fiennes, and John Hurt. It is based on the graphic novel of the same name. It is set to be released on July 25, 2014.
Yesterday, a tormented Demigod walked the earth: Hercules was the powerful son of the god king Zeus. For this, he received nothing but suffering his entire life. After twelve arduous labors and the loss of his family, the dark and world-weary soul turned his back on the gods, finding his only solace in combat. Over the years, he warmed to the company of six similar friends, their only bond being their love of fighting and presence of death. These men and women never questioned where they would go to fight or why or whom, just how much they would be paid - until the King of Thrace hired them to train his men to become the greatest army of all time. It was time for the group of lost souls to finally have their eyes opened to how far they have fallen, when they must train an army to become as ruthless and bloodthirsty as their reputation has become.
- Dwayne Johnson as Hercules
- Tobias Santelmann as Rhesus
- Aksel Hennie as Tydeus
- Rufus Sewell as Autolycus
- Ian McShane as Amphiaraus
- Reece Ritchie as Iolaus
- Steve Peacocke as Stephanos
- Ingrid Bolsø Berdal
- Joseph Fiennes
- Peter Mullan
- John Hurt as the King of Thrace
- Rebecca Ferguson
- Irina Shayk as Megara
- Joe Anderson
- Tamina Snuka
- Barbara Palvin
The visual effects will be done by Oscar winner John Bruno.
- "Hercules (2014)". Movieinsider.
- ‘Hercules’ Pic Adds ‘Lovely Bones’ Reece Ritchie
- Ingrid Bolsø Set to Battle With Dwayne Johnson in ‘Hercules’ (Exclusive)
- Ian McShane Joins Dwayne Johnson in 'Hercules' for MGM and Paramount (Exclusive)
- "Brett Ratner and Dwayne Johnson's Hercules to Hit Theaters in August 2014". Hollywood Reporter.
- ‘Hercules’ Adds ‘Twilight’ Actor to the Cast