|Hon-Kawagoe Station, September 2009|
(See other stations in Saitama)
|Neighborhood etc.||1-22 Shintomi-chō|
|Former name||Kawagoe Station|
|Present name since||1940|
|Line(s)||Seibu Shinjuku Line|
|Statistics||47,138 passengers/day (FY2011)|
|Small bus terminal at this station|
Hon-Kawagoe Station (本川越駅 Honkawagoe-eki?) is a railway station on the Seibu Shinjuku Line in Kawagoe, Saitama, Japan, operated by Seibu Railway. This is one of three main stations of the city; the other two are Kawagoe Station and Kawagoeshi Station.
|Seibu Shinjuku Line|
|Sayamashi||Koedo limited express||Terminus|
The station opened as Kawagoe Station on the Kawagoe Railway on March 21, 1895. The station name was changed to the present name on July 22, 1940, following the opening of Kawagoe Station on the Kawagoe Line of Japanese Government Railways.
In fiscal 2011, the station was used by an average of 47,138 passengers daily.
The passenger figures for previous years are as shown below.
|Fiscal year||Daily average|
- Kawagoe City Office
- Kawagoe City Museum
- Kawagoe City Art Gallery
- Kita-in Temple
- Hikawa Shrine
- Renkeiji Temple
- Saitama Prefectural Girls' High School
- Saitama Prefectural Kawagoe High School
- Yamamura Gakuen High School
- Hoshino Gakuen High School & Junior High School
- Kawagoe Technical High School
The following long-distance express bus services operate from the south side of the station.
- Haneda Airport, operated by Airport Transport Service (Limousine Bus) and Seibu Bus
- Tokyo Disney Resort, operated jointly by Tokyo Bay City Bus and Tobu Bus West
- Terada, Hirokazu (July 2002). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways]. Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 202. ISBN 4-87366-874-3.
- Seibu Railway Kaisha Yōran (2007), p. 114 (Japanese).
- "駅別乗降人員 2011（平成23）年度 1日平均" [Passenger usage statistics by station (Fiscal 2011)] (pdf) (in Japanese). Japan: Seibu Railway. May 2012. Retrieved 6 January 2013.
- "駅別乗降人員 2010（平成22）年度 1日平均" [Passenger usage statistics by station (Fiscal 2010)] (pdf) (in Japanese). Japan: Seibu Railway. June 2011. Retrieved 6 January 2013.
- Kawagoe Technical High School (Japanese)
- "本川越駅・川越駅⇔羽田空港" [Hon-Kawagoe/Kawagoe - Haneda Airport]. Airport Limousine (in Japanese). Japan: Airport Transport Service Co., Ltd. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- "西武 空港連絡バス" [Seibu Airport Bus Links] (in Japanese). Japan: Seibu Bus Co., Ltd. Retrieved 23 November 2012.
- "小江戸川越～東京ディズニーリゾート・新浦安線" [Koedo Kawagoe to Tokyo Disney Resort & Shin-Urayasu] (in Japanese). Japan: Tokyo Bay City Bus. April 2013. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hon-Kawagoe Station.|
- Hon-Kawagoe Station information (Seibu Railway) (Japanese)
- Hon-Kawagoe Station information (Saitama Prefectural Government) (Japanese)