House of Al-Falasi
The Al Maktoum family descends from the Al Bu Falasah (now known as Al-Falasi) section of the Bani Yas, a tribal federation that has been the dominant power throughout most of what is now the United Arab Emirates. In 1833, a large, influential group of the Bani Yas moved to Dubai under the leadership of Maktoum bin Buti bin Maktoum. The Al Maktoum family, a part of the Al Bu Falasah section of the Bani Yas, continues to rule Dubai to this day.
Famous members of the House of Al-Falasi:
- Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum - Ruler of Dubai, and leader of the tribe
- Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum - president of the Department of Civil Aviation, CEO and chairman of The Emirates Group and Chairman of Dubai World
- Lahej Saif Saeed Al Falasi - Chairman Of Academy of Technical Training
- Sultan bin Ahmed bin Sulayem - Chairman, Dubai World
- Mohammad Ali Bin Zayed Al Falasi - Vice Governor of UAE Central Bank[unreliable source?][verification needed]
- Mohammad bin Abdallah Al Gaz - Former Chairman of the UAE Central Bank
- Jamal Mohammed Al Hai - Chairman of the Executive Board, Department of Civil Aviation, UAE parliament member.
- Abdulla Bin Amer Al Falasi - Famous poet.
- Mohamed Albuflasa - Bahraini opposition leader