From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Hyacinth, hyacinth, hyacinthine, or Hyacinthus in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Hyacinth or Hyacinthus may refer to:
- Hyacinth (plant), genus Hyacinthus
- Hyacinthus orientalis, common hyacinth
- Grape hyacinth
- Water hyacinth
- Hyacinth bean
- Hyacinth (given name), list of people with this name
This section lists people commonly referred to solely by this name.
- Hyacinth (mythology), divine hero in Greek mythology
- Hyacinth of Caesarea (died 120), early Christian martyr saint
- Hyacinthus the Lacedaemonian, who sacrificed his daughters to Athena or Persephone
- Hyacinth and Protus (martyred 257–9), Christian saints
- Hyacinth of Poland (1185–1257), Polish priest, canonized 1594
- Hyacinth Macaw, a species of parrot
- "Hyacinth" (song), a 2004 song by the J-pop artist Aya Matsuura
- Hyacinth Blues, a song from the Constantines' eponymous album, released in 2001
- Hyacinth, alternative name for yellow zircon, the mineral
- Confection of hyacinth, ancient medical treatment (that used zircon)
- "Hyacinth House", a song by The Doors from their 1971 release L.A. Woman
- Jacinth, a gemstone sometimes called hyacinth
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Hyacinth.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.