Martínez in 2013
|Full name||Iñigo Martínez Berridi|
|Date of birth||17 May 1991|
|Place of birth||Ondarroa, Spain|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2009–2011||Real Sociedad B||54||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23 May 2015.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Ondarroa, Biscay, Martínez joined Real Sociedad's youth ranks from local Aurrerá de Ondarroa. He made his senior debuts in the 2009–10 season, helping the B-team promote from the fourth division after one year out by contributing with 23 games and one goal.
On 27 August 2011 Martínez made his first-team – and La Liga – debut with the Basque, playing the full 90 minutes in a 2–1 away win against Sporting de Gijón. On 2 October he scored his first league goal, netting from inside his own half in an eventual 1–2 home loss against Athletic Bilbao, in a derby.
Martínez made his debuts for the Spanish under-21 team in 2011. In the following year, he was picked by manager Luis Milla for his squad that appeared in the 2012 Summer Olympics in London: in the first game against Japan, he was sent off late into the first half for bringing down Kensuke Nagai thus denying a clear goalscoring opportunity, in an eventual 0–1 loss.
- Spain U21
- Agirretxe at the double for Sociedad; ESPN Soccernet, 27 August 2011
- Llorente at the double for Bilbao; ESPN Soccernet, 2 October 2011
- Martinez lifts Sociedad; ESPN Soccernet, 27 November 2011
- London 2012 Olympics: men's football, Spain 0–1 Japan – as it happened; The Guardian, 26 July 2012
- Taconeo ante Ecuador (Taconeo against Ecuador); Marca, 15 August 2013 (Spanish)
- Real Sociedad official profile (Spanish)
- BDFutbol profile
- Iñigo Martínez at National-Football-Teams.com
- Iñigo Martínez – FIFA competition record
- Soccerway profile