Ian Murray (British politician)
|Member of Parliament
for Edinburgh South
6 May 2010
|Preceded by||Nigel Griffiths|
10 August 1976 |
|Spouse(s)||Hannah Catherine Woolfson|
Ian Murray (born 10 August 1976) is a British Labour Party politician, who has been the Member of Parliament (MP) for Edinburgh South since 2010. He was previously an Edinburgh city councillor for the Liberton/Gilmerton ward.
Life outside politics
Murray has an MA in Social Policy and Law from Edinburgh University. He has run an event management business and a bar/bistro. Murray is a fan of Australian singer/songwriter Pete Murray. He has a long-term partner Hannah. He supports Edinburgh football team Hearts and currently represents a bid by a fans' group to buy the club out of administration.
- "Who's Who". Ukwhoswho.com. Retrieved 2013-07-06.
- "House of Commons - The Register of Members' Financial Interests - Part 2: Part 2". Publications.parliament.uk. Retrieved 2013-07-06.
- "Labour succeeds in Edinburgh South recount seat". BBC News. 2010-05-07. Retrieved 2013-07-06.
- "By-election result - City of Edinburgh Council". City of Edinburgh Council. Archived from the original on 28 May 2011.
- "Meet the MP: Ian Murray". BBC News. 2010-06-17. Retrieved 2013-07-06.
- "MP to head fan-based group's bid to buy out Heart of Midlothian". STV. 24 April 2013. Retrieved 27 July 2013.
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|Member of Parliament for Edinburgh South
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom (since 1801), for a Scottish constituency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Labour Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|