|Member of Parliament
for Birmingham Ladywood
6 May 2010
|Preceded by||Clare Short|
17 September 1980 |
Small Heath, West Midlands, England
|Alma mater||Lincoln College, Oxford|
Shabana Mahmood (17 September 1980) is a British Labour Party politician and barrister, who has been the Member of Parliament (MP) for Birmingham, Ladywood since the May 2010 general election.
Mahmood was born and raised in Birmingham and is the daughter of the Birmingham Labour Party's chairman. Her family roots are from Mirpur, Azad Kashmir as stated on her own personal webpage. She graduated from Lincoln College, Oxford, where she studied law and was the president of the Junior Common Room.
- "Who's Who". Ukwhoswho.com. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- "About Shabana Mahmood".
- Adetunji, Jo; Tran, Mark (7 May 2010). "General election 2010: first female Muslim MPs elected". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 7 May 2010.
- "Shabana Mahmood MP". Retrieved 7 May 2010. Retrieved 7 December 2011
- General Election 2010 Birmingham City Council
- "Shabana Mahmood MP speaks out against human rights abuses in Kashmir | Shabana Mahmood MP Getting things done in Aston, Ladywood, Nechells and Soho". Shabanamahmood.org. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- "Feisty Asians in UK poll fray". Kolkata Telegraph. 7 April 2010.
- Hallam, Katy (11 September 2013). "Birmingham MP attacks city college veil ban". Birmingham Mail (Trinity Mirror). Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- Hallam, Katy (12 September 2013). "Birmingham Metropolitan College drops controversial Muslim face veil ban". Birmingham Mail (Trinity Mirror). Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- Shabana Mahmood MP Official constituency website
- Electoral history and profile at The Guardian
- Voting record at Public Whip
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou
- Profile at Westminster Parliamentary Record
- Profile at BBC News Democracy Live
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|Member of Parliament for Birmingham, Ladywood
|This article about a Labour Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom (since 1801), for an English constituency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|