September 11, 1973
Ingrid Alberini (born 11 September 1973), better known for her stage name In-Grid, is an Italian dancer and singer-songwriter. She is best known for her 2003 international club smash "Tu es foutu", in English known as "You Promised Me". The song was a big hit in Europe, Russia, Australia, Latin America and in the United States, where it reached #6 on the Billboard Dance Music/Club Play Singles chart in 2004.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (April 2015)|
The name Ingrid was given by her parents as tribute to the actress and movie star Ingrid Bergman, who was her father's favorite. Ingrid's parents ran a movie theatre in a small city between Parma and Reggio Emilia, an area known as the cradle of Italian music, either classical or modern. Ingrid grew up watching movies and listening to their sound-tracks which, as herself declares, had a major influence on her decision to become a singer. Movies sparked off Ingrid's imagination and fueled her ambition and desire to convey all her strong emotions and passions to as many people as possible.
Ingrid's artistic path started with painting and acting but soon singing turned out to be her most powerful form of expression. She began performing in piano-bars, musicals and as solo voice with local jazz bands, but soon her soft and unique voice, together with an Incredible capacity of interacting with her audience during shows brought her to meet the famous dance music producers Larry Pignagnoli and Marco Soncini. They offered Ingrid to write the lyrics and sing their brand new tune, and soon "Tu es foutu" came to life. The track broke all records of airplay on Italian networks and immediately became an international hit.
After the huge success of her first album “Rendez vous” Ingrid starts an endless number of tours all over the world, and after more than ten years she’s still considered one the most talented artist in the dance-music panorama. Ingrid has released 3 dance albums, 2 chill-out albums, various singles plus a number of joint projects with other artists met all over the word during her performances (Russia, Poland, Greece, Italy) . She has never neglected her culture and personal education: Ingrid has got Degree cum laude in philosophy. Ingrid’s huge talent and outstanding capacity of interpreting new roles and suggestions have recently led her career into exploring the word of Pop- Swing almost getting close to Burlesque. Her single “Vive le Swing” in its club remix has reached N.1 position in world chart DJ Tunes.
During the release of “Tu es Foutu 2K12” Ingrid meets the band Réseau who have made the “Original Jazz Mix” e “ Chill House Mix” versions of the super famous track. Recently Ingrid’s co-operation with Rèseau has deeply developed and implemented and has finally lead to her new single “Kiki Swing/Kiki La Belle”. The song tells of a magic feminine image, a sort of “silhouette d’amour” whose melodious moves fascinate the whole word. KIKI “fascinated” also the world famous trumpet player Fabrizio Bosso who enhances the song with his unique solo plays.
|2004||La vie en rose||—||—||—||2||—||—||
|2001||"I Was a Ye-Ye Girl" with Doing Time||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||single only|
|"Tu es foutu" (aka "You Promised Me")||6||2||9||3||1||23||6||Rendez-vous|
|2003||"In-tango" (aka "We Tango Alone")||—||10||35||76||—||—||—|
|2004||"Ah l'amour l'amour"||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|"Milord"||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||La Vie en Rose|
|"Tu es là?" with Pochill||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||single only|
|2006||"Oui" (aka "If")||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||Voilà!|
|2007||"I Love" with Stachursky||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||EP Największe Przeboje|
|"Les Fous" (aka "Stick to You")||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010||"Vive le swing"||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|2014||"J'adore" with Rouge||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||single only|
|2015||"Kiki Swing" with Rouge||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Discographie In-Grid". austriancharts.at (in German). Retrieved 2011-07-19.
- "Chartverfolgung / IN-GRID / Longplay". www.musicline.de (in German). Retrieved 2011-07-19.
- "Discography In-Grid". greekcharts.com. Retrieved 2011-07-19.
- "Archiwum OLIS". olis.onyx.pl. Retrieved 2009-09-15.
- "Discography In-Grid". swedishcharts.com. Retrieved 2011-07-19.
- "Discographie In-Grid". hitparade.ch (in German). Retrieved 2011-07-19.
- "Bestseller charts and awards :: Polish Society of the Phonographic Industry". www.zpav.pl. Retrieved 2011-07-19.
- ""2M" - Золотой и платиновый альбом в России - International 2003". 2m-online.ru (in Russian). Retrieved 2011-07-19.
- "Bestseller charts and awards :: Polish Society of the Phonographic Industry". www.zpav.pl. Retrieved 2011-07-20.
- ""2M" - Золотой и платиновый альбом в России - International 2005". 2m-online.ru (in Russian). Retrieved 2011-07-20.
- "Discography In-Grid". danishcharts.com. Retrieved 2011-07-19.
- "Chartverfolgung / IN-GRID / Single". www.musicline.de (in German). Retrieved 2009-06-30.
- "Discografie In-Grid". dutchcharts.nl (in Dutch). Retrieved 2011-07-19.
- "allmusic ((( In-Grid > Charts & Awards > Billboard Singles )))". Allmusic. Retrieved 27 July 2009.
Find more about
at Wikipedia's sister projects
|Media from Commons|
|Database entry Q161122 on Wikidata|
- Official websites in English and Italian
- In-Grid at AllMusic
- In-Grid on Discogs
- In-Grid at the Internet Movie Database
- Works by or about In-Grid in libraries (WorldCat catalog)