After attending elementary school and business school in Rahde she trained as a forwarding agent from 1967 to 1969. She graduated from the Bremen University of Applied Sciences in 1973 with a degree in Business Administration (FH). From 1994 onwards she worked in various companies in accounting and worked in the management of the AOK in Herford. From 1993 to 2005, she was chair of the Women's Committee of the DGB. She is also a member of Attac.
Member of the Bundestag
Since 2005, Inge Höger has been a member of the Bundestag. At the 2009 election, she unsuccessfully contested the Herford – Minden-Lübbecke II constituency, but was elected from the North Rhine Westphalia land list.
At the end of May 2010, together with Annette Groth and Norman Paech, she accompanied an international relief convoy in the Free Gaza Movement. In her descriptions, Höger said "We felt like we were in a war, like we were being kidnapped.…Nobody had a weapon." She further stated that:
Later, the Israeli soldiers let us go outside, one by one.…We were checked and our personal belongings were taken away. Then we were handcuffed with cable retainers and brought to the upper deck.…They were obviously looking for weapons. They raided and slashed all the suitcases of all passengers and everything was all over the place.
Criticism of Israel
Höger is noted for her positions against Israeli policies, which some[who?] have used to accuse her of anti-semitism. The situation was included in a study by antisemitism expert Charles A. Small.
Benjamin Krüger, a coworker of Frank Tempel, has stated he feels Höger's views are an extremely partisan anti-Israel position that he claims serves various antisemitic prejudices. Krüger claims Höger focuses on anti-Israel stances, causing the neglect of her post as Die Linke defence representative. 
In 2011, Höger claimed that Juliano Mer-Khamis and Vittorio Arrigoni, two noted pro-Palestine activists, (who are acknowledged by Hamas to have been killed by Palestinians ) were actually killed by Israel. Writing on her website, Höger wrote: “The question one must pose is: Who profits from this terrible crime? First of all, now two of the activists most ‘dangerous’ for Israel, because they were the most engaged, wellknown and noted, are eliminated". In Germany, Höger has been accused of anti-semitism in relation to these and other statements.
Volker Beck, a German Green Party MP and spokesman for the party on human rights, said “Inge Höger’s wild conspiracy theory is pure speculation, without any concrete factual basis.…She employs the centuries-old image of the perfidiously murderous Jews." The German newspaper Die Welt called Höger a “flawless anti-Semite” because of her "anti-Jewish statements".
- "Inge Höger" (in German). The Left (Germany). Retrieved April 27, 2011.
- "Inge Höger, DIE LINKE" [Inge Höger, The Left Party] (in German). Deutscher Bundestag. Retrieved April 27, 2011.
- "Reuters Pictures". Daylife. June 1, 2010. Retrieved April 27, 2011.
Matthias Joachim, Annette Groth, Norman Paech, Inge Hoeger and Nader el Sakka (L-R) of the left-wing Die Linke party who were on board of a Gaza-bound aid flotilla, pose for the media after a news conference upon their return from Israel, at the lower house of parliament at the Reichstag in Berlin June 1, 2010.
- "Witnesses tell of Gaza raid". The Age. June 2, 2010. Retrieved April 27, 2011.
- Becatoros, Elena; Suzan Fraser (June 1, 2010). "Activists on Gaza aid flotilla talk of beatings, stun guns during raid by Israeli forces". Telegraph-Journal. Retrieved April 27, 2011.
- Das Problem einer Linken mit lebenden Juden, Die Welt, 13. Mai 2011
- Ja, es gibt Antisemiten bei uns, Der Spiegel, 27. Juni 2011
- Die Linke und die Juden: Zwischen Antizionismus und Antisemitismus Befreiung aus dem Kerker des Israel-Hasses
- Charles A. Small: Global Antisemitism: A Crisis of Modernity, Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 02.12.2013
- Jungle World Nr. 30, July 28th 2011 »Da existiert eine Israel-Obsession« Benjamin Krüger ist Sprecher des Bundesarbeitskreises (BAK) Shalom. Der 28jährige arbeitet als Büroleiter des Bundestagsabgeordneten Frank Tempel (»Die Linke«).
- Associated Press.Gaza police close in on suspects in Vittorio Arrigoni murder. The Guardian. 19 April 2011.
- Issacharoff, Avi. Hamas kills 2 suspects during manhunt for murderers of Italian activist in Gaza.Haaretz. 20 April 2011.
- "PA forces nab Hamas suspect in Mer-Khamis murder". Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 5 April 2011.
- "Jenin militant charged over theatre director murder". Yahoo! News (Jenin). AFP. 6 April 2011. Retrieved 7 April 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Inge Höger.|