California State Route 263
|Defined by S&HC § 563|
|Maintained by Caltrans|
|Length:||8.125 mi (13.076 km)|
|South end:||SR 3 in Yreka|
|North end:||SR 96 near Yreka|
State Route 263 (SR 263) is a state highway in the U.S. state of California in Siskiyou County. It is also part of Business Loop 5 due to being a parallel route of Interstate 5 to the west. Route 263 connects Route 3 near the north city limits of Yreka to Route 96 eight miles (13 km) north. It was once part of U.S. Route 99.
The road begins at a junction with State Route 3 just north of Yreka. The highway then heads upward through Siskiyou County, roughly lying parallel to the Klamath River. The road passes also roughly aligned with nearby Interstate 5 as it passes through hilly terrain. The road ends at State Route 96, which continues northward to meet up with Interstate 5.
Except where prefixed with a letter, postmiles were measured on the road as it was in 1964, and do not necessarily reflect current mileage. R reflects a realignment in the route since then. The entire route is in Siskiyou County.
|Yreka||49.07||SR 3 (Montague Road, North Main Street) – Montague, Etna||South end of I-5 Bus. overlap|
|57.20||SR 96 (Klamath River Road)||North end of I-5 Bus. overlap|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Staff. "State Truck Route List" (XLS file). California Department of Transportation. Retrieved August 21, 2012.
- Microsoft. Bing Maps – SR 263 (Map). Cartography by Nokia. http://www.bing.com/maps/#JmNwPTQxLjc4NjM1NzYzNDk1MjE3NX4tMTIyLjYxMjMzMDUwMjg2MTY1Jmx2bD0xMiZkaXI9MCZzdHk9ciZydHA9cG9zLjQxLjc0MDQxNzE4NDQ5NjFfLTEyMi42MzMzMTcwNDk4Mjk2N19uZWFyJTIwODAzJTIwTiUyME1haW4lMjBTdCUyQyUyMFlyZWthJTJDJTIwQ0ElMjA5NjA5N19fX2FffnBvcy40MS44MzIyNDI1MTk0ODcxNV8tMTIyLjU5MTM0Mzk1NTg5MzYzX19fX2FfJm1vZGU9RCZydG9wPTB+MH4wfg==. Retrieved 2011-01-26.
- California Department of Transportation, Log of Bridges on State Highways, July 2007
- California Department of Transportation, All Traffic Volumes on CSHS, 2005 and 2006
- DeLorme California Atlas and Gazetteer: Page 25