Ivato International Airport
|Ivato International Airport
|IATA: TNR – ICAO: FMMI
|Operator||ADEMA (Aéroports de Madagascar)|
|Hub for||Air Madagascar|
|Elevation AMSL||4,198 ft / 1,280 m|
|Sources: List of the busiest airports in Africa|
In view of the African Union Summit of 2009 and the planned but later cancelled Francophonie Summit of 2010 being held in Madagascar, Ivato airport began renovations that would last until 2020, with the main objective being to accommodate takeoffs and landings with the Airbus A380. A new terminal building able to accommodate 2500 passengers, a second runway, 3 jetways, and a car park will be built. The main runway will also be extended by 500 meters before November 2011.
Airlines and destinations
- Ivato Airport Authority (Adema)
- Ivato Int. Airport (Madacamp)
- Accident history for TNR at Aviation Safety Network
- Airport information for FMMI at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Current weather for FMMI at NOAA/NWS
- Airport information for FMMI at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.