Sweetin at Rutgers University, March 7, 2007
|Born||Jodie Lee Ann Sweetin
January 19, 1982
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Actress, television personality|
She started her career as a four-year-old, appearing in an Oscar Mayer hot dog commercial. Her debut acting role was in the sitcom Valerie in 1987 when she played Pamela, the niece of Mrs. Poole (Edie McClurg). Jeff Franklin cast her as Stephanie Tanner in Full House in 1987 and she played that role until the show ended in 1995. This has become her most famous role to date. After the show's finale, Sweetin graduated from Los Alamitos High School in Los Alamitos, California in 1999, and attended Chapman University in Orange, California.
She returned to television by hosting the second season of the Fuse TV show Pants-Off Dance-Off. Sweetin starred in a TV pilot, Small Bits of Happiness, a dark comedy centered around a suicide prevention specialist; it won Best Comedy at the 3rd Annual Independent Television Festival, in Los Angeles. In 2009, Sweetin focused on independent films, and appeared in two films: Port City and Redefining Love. In 2011, she appeared in five webisodes of the internet show Can't Get Arrested. In 2012, she appeared as Leia in the TV film Singled Out. It is rumored she will voice the mermaid princess in the 2013 animated film Jacob and the Gnome.
Sweetin was born in Los Angeles, California. While in high school, she and actor Matthew Morrison performed in musical theatre together. In 2002, at age 20, Sweetin married her first husband, Los Angeles Police officer Shaun Holguin. Fellow Full House castmate Candace Cameron served as her matron of honor; Cameron's daughter, Natasha, served as a flower girl. Sweetin and Holguin divorced in 2006.
Sweetin met Cody Herpin, a film transportation coordinator, through friends, and they started dating in May 2007. They were married in Las Vegas, Nevada on July 14, 2007. Together they have one daughter, Zoie Laurelmae Herpin, born on April 12, 2008. On November 19, 2008, Sweetin filed for legal separation from Herpin. Their divorce was finalized on April 20, 2010.
On April 30, 2010, Sweetin's representative confirmed that she and her boyfriend of one year, Morty Coyle, were expecting a child. Their daughter Beatrix Carlin Sweetin-Coyle was born on August 31, 2010. Sweetin and Coyle became engaged in January 2011, and married on March 15, 2012 in Beverly Hills. Sweetin filed for legal separation from Coyle in June 2013.
Sweetin is a recovering drug addict who began using methamphetamine after Full House wrapped, because she was "bored". In 2009, Sweetin wrote a memoir called unSweetined, which chronicles her downward spiral of alcohol and drug abuse that began with the ending of Full House. In one passage of the book, Sweetin discusses breaking into tears while addressing a crowd at Wisconsin's Marquette University about growing up on television and about how much her life had improved since getting sober — all while coming down from a two-day bender of methamphetamine, cocaine and ecstasy.
|1987||Jim Henson Presents Mother Goose Stories||TV series|
|1987||Hogan Family, TheThe Hogan Family||Pamela Poole||Episode: "Boston Tea Party"|
|1987–1995||Full House||Stephanie Tanner||Main role (193 episodes)|
|1989||All New Mickey Mouse Club, TheThe All New Mickey Mouse Club||Stephanie||Episode: "Guest Day"|
|1992||It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown||Sally Brown (voice)||TV short|
|1996||Brotherly Love||Lydia Lump||Episode: "Downtown Girl"|
|1999||Party of Five||Rhiannon Marcus||Episodes: "Bye, Bye, Love", "Fate, Hope and Charity"|
|2003||Yes, Dear||Maryanne||Episode: "Sorority Girl"|
|2006||Farce of the Penguins||He's so gross penguin (voice)|
|2007||Pants-Off Dance-Off||Host||Season 2|
|2008||Small Bits of Happiness||Margaret Williams||Short film|
|2011||Can't Get Arrested||Jodie||Main role (5 episodes)|
|2012||Singled Out||Leia||TV film|
|2013||Defending Santa||Beth||TV film|
|2014||Walt Before Mickey||Charlotte Disney||Movie|
- 1988 – Young Artist Award for Outstanding Young Comedienne in a Television Series (Full House)
- 1989 – Young Artist Award for Outstanding Young Comedienne in a Television Series (Full House)
- 1991 – Young Artist Award for Outstanding Young Comedienne in a Television Series (Full House)
- 1993 – Young Artist Award for Outstanding Young Comedienne in a Television Series (Full House)
- 2004 – TV Land Award for Quintessential Non-Traditional Family (Full House)
- Jodie Sweetin at the Internet Movie Database
- Jodie Sweetin bio, IMDb
- 2.25 PM EST 10.18.2010 (2010-10-18). "EXCLUSIVE! Will There Be A 'Full House' Reunion On 'Glee?’". Hollywoodlife.com. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- "The Sweet Shop". JodieSweetin.net. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- "Former ‘Full House’ Sweetheart Jodie Sweetin Turns 30!". Access Hollywood. 2012-01-18. Retrieved 2013-04-17.
- "Full House's Jodie Sweetin Weds in Las Vegas". People. 2007-07-20. Retrieved 2013-04-21.
- "Full House's Jodie Sweetin Has a Baby Girl". People. 2008-04-13. Retrieved 2013-04-21.
- Dyball, Rennie. "Jodie Sweetin Splits with Husband", People, 21 November 2008.
- Sweetin's Divorce Finalised
- Dyball, Rennie (2010-04-30). "Jodie Sweetin Is Pregnant - Babies, Jodie Sweetin". People.com. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- 10:30 AM ET (2008-12-19). "Jodie Sweetin Welcomes Daughter Beatrix Carlin – Moms & Babies – Moms & Babies - People.com". Celebritybabies.people.com. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- Dyball, Rennie (2011-01-19). "Jodie Sweetin Engaged to Morty Coyle". People.com. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- Dyball, Rennie (2013-04-16). "Jodie Sweetin and Morty Coyle Are Married". People.com. Retrieved 2013-04-16.
- Dyball, Rennie (2013-06-24). "Jodie Sweetin Files for Legal Separation from Morty Coyle". People.com. Retrieved 2013-06-24.
- 'Full House' Sweetheart Talks About Addiction - Child Star Jodie Sweetin Tried Meth Because She Was 'Bored'
- Jodie Sweetin (2008-11-21). "Jodie Sweetin's Not So Sweet Split". E! Online. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- Page 3 of 4 (2010-05-13). "Page 3: Dana Plato's Son Tyler Lambert Commits Suicide Like his Mom - ABC News". Abcnews.go.com. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- Jodie Sweetin at the Internet Movie Database
- Jodie Sweetin at the TCM Movie Database
- Jodie Sweetin on Twitter