Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods
|Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|J. Mod. App. Stat. Meth.|
|Edited by||Shlomo Sawilowsky|
JMASM, Inc. (United States)
The Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods is a biannual peer-reviewed open access journal. It was established in 2002 by Shlomo Sawilowsky. The Current Index to Statistics classifies it as one of over 160 core statistics journals. The journal appears both as a print and electronic journal. It publishes work pertaining to new statistical tests and the comparison of existing statistical tests, Monte Carlo; bootstrap, Jackknife, and resampling methods; nonparametric, robust, permutation, exact, and approximate randomization methods; and statistical algorithms, pseudorandom number generators, and simulation techniques. The journal is indexed in the Elsevier Bibliographic Database, EMBASE, Compendex, Geobase, PsychInfo, ScienceDirect, and Scopus. It is also listed in the Encyclopedia of Measurement and Statistics and Cabells.
The meaning and utility of impact factors and related statistics in ranking journals has been questioned in mathematics and statistics, and hence should be interpreted with caution. In 2008, the journal was ranked by SCImago Journal Rank as follows:
In 2009[update], the journal was ranked as a "Class B" journal in the Excellence in Research for Australia journal list. For comparison, out of 195 journals, 14 were ranked A*, 28 were ranked A, 54 were ranked B, and 96 were ranked C.
- Sawilowsky, S. (2006). Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods. In N. Salkind (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Measurement and Statistics, 2:499–500. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications.
- Current Index to Statistics Core Journals
- 2006, Mahwah, NJ: Sage
- Citation Statistics: A report from the International Mathematical Union (IMU) in cooperation with the International Council of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (ICIAM) and the Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS)
-  SJR Mathematics rank.
-  SJR Mathematics H Index.
-  SJR Mathematics Citable documents.
-  SJR Statistics and Probability rank.
-  SJR Statistics and Probability H index.
-  SJR Statistics and Probability Citable documents rank.
-  SJR Statistics, Probability, and Uncertainty rank.
-  SJR Statistics, Probability, and Uncertainty H Index.
-  SJR Statistics, Probability, and Uncertainty Citable documents.
- ERA Journal Ratings for ARC FoR: 0104 – Statistics(by rank), Australian Mathematical Society
- , ERA journal list