|Born||Mark Justin Roiland
February 21, 1980
|Occupation||Actor, voice actor|
|Home town||Manteca, California|
Mark Justin Roiland (born February 21, 1980) is an American actor, voice actor, writer, director and producer. He is best known as the voice of Oscar on the Disney Channel's animated television show Fish Hooks, as well as the Earl of Lemongrab on Adventure Time. He is also co-creator and executive producer of the Adult Swim animated series Rick and Morty, in which he voices the show's titular characters.
Justin Roiland grew up on an almond orchard in Manteca, California. He attended Sierra High School and Manteca High School, graduating in 1998. He eventually moved to Los Angeles, and in early 2004, got involved with Channel101, an L.A. media collective started by Dan Harmon and Rob Schrab, where he made and acted in numerous movie shorts (such as 2 Girls One Cup: The Show and House of Cosbys) and in the VH1 television show Acceptable TV. He appeared regularly on The Sarah Silverman Program on Comedy Central as "Blonde Craig".
He now works as a voice actor, most notably as the voice of Oscar Fishtooth on the Disney Channel series Fish Hooks (on which he also works and as a writer and animator), and as the title characters of Rick & Morty, for which he is also co-creator and co-writer with Dan Harmon. Since 2010, he has co-hosted The Grandma's Virginity Podcast with Rick and Morty writers Ryan Ridley and Jackie Buscarino. He stated at the Rick and Morty panel at San Diego Comic-Con International 2014 that one of his main influences was Pendleton Ward and that he enjoyed watching The Ren & Stimpy Show as a child.
- Rick and Morty (2013-present) - Co-Creator, Executive Producer, Voice Actor (as Rick Sanchez, Morty Smith)
- Out There (2013) - Voice Actor (as Chris Novak)
- Gravity Falls (2012-present) - Voice Actor (as Blendin Blandin, Bobby Renzobbi)
- Adventure Time (2011-2014) - Voice Actor (as The Earl of Lemongrab, Lemonhope, Lemongrab subjects)
- Web Soup (2011) - Voice Actor (as Chilly the Christmas Pole)
- Fish Hooks (2010–2014) - Voice Actor (as Oscar), Writer
- Yacht Rock (2005-2010) - Actor (as Christopher Cross/ Chris Geppert)
- The Sarah Silverman Program (2007-2010) - Actor (as Blonde Craig)
- Marooned? (2009) - Actor (as Cadet Moore)
- Acceptable TV (2007) - Director, Actor, Voice Actor, Producer
- Channel 101 (2006) - Director, Actor, Producer, Writer
- Cheap Seats: Without Ron Parker (2004) - Actor (Rhonda's Son)
- Laser Fart (2004) - Actor (as the Person in the news)
- Fresh Baked Video Games (2006) - Producer
- House of Cosbys (2005) - Creator, Writer, Voice Actor (Curiosity Cosby, Data Analysis Cosby)
- Premiere Women in Hollywood Awards (2004) - Producer
- Crossballs: The Debate Show (2004) - Producer
- Comedy Central Presents: The Commies (2003) - Producer
- Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (2003) - Associate Producer
- "Justin Roiland, "Oscar"". Disney Channel, http://www.disneychannelmedianet.com/. Retrieved 26 January 2011.
- "Justin Roiland - Filmography". The New York Times, http://www.nytimes.com/. January 26, 2011. Retrieved 26 January 2011.
- "Justin Roiland". Channel101. Retrieved January 31, 2011.
- "The Sarah Silverman Program". The Los Angeles Times, http://www.latimes.com. Retrieved 26 January 2011.
- "The Sarah Silverman Program: TV Show Cancelled; No Season Four". TV Series Finale, http://tvseriesfinale.com/. May 12, 2010. Retrieved 26 January 2011.
- "The Grandma's Virginity Podcast". iTunes, http://itunes.apple.com/. Retrieved 26 January 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Justin Roiland.|