Jutta Bauer (born 9 January 1955) is a German writer and illustrator of children's books. For her "lasting contribution" as a children's illustrator she received the Hans Christian Andersen Medal in 2010.
Born in Volksdorf, Hamburg, she studied at the Technical College of Design in Hamburg from 1975 to 1981 Afterward she worked as a children's book illustrator and as cartoonist for the women's magazine Brigitte.
The biennial Hans Christian Andersen Award conferred by the International Board on Books for Young People is the highest recognition available to a writer or illustrator of children's books. Bauer received the illustration award in 2010.
She currently resides in Germany.
- Ein Engel trägt meinen Hinkelstein
- Schreimutter — Deutscher Jugendliteraturpreis
- Opas Engel (Grandpa's Angel).
- Die Königin der Farben
- Abends, wenn ich schlafen geh
- Ich sitze hier im Abendlicht
- "Hans Christian Andersen Awards" (top page). International Board on Books for Young People (IBBY). Retrieved 2013-07-30.
- "2010". Hans Christian Andersen Awards. IBBY. With presentation speech by jury president Zohreh Ghaeni (11 September 2010), acceptance speech by Bauer, and other contemporary material Retrieved 2013-07-30.
|This article about an illustrator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a German writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|