Kamaliya in 2010
|Birth name||Natalya Shmarenkova|
|Born||May 18, 1977|
|Genres||pop music, Pop rock, synthpop, europop, eurodance, house music, electro pop|
Mrs. World 2008
|Years active||1993 – Present|
|Associated acts||Philipp Kirkorov, Thomas Anders, Jose Carreras|
Kamaliya (real name Natalya Shmarenkova; Russian: Наталья Шмаренкова) was born in 1977 in Zabaikallye, Chita Oblast, Russia. When she turned three, her military father was deployed to Budapest, where she danced and sang in the children's ensemble called "Kolokol’chik" (the Jingle). When her family later moved to Lviv, she took classes in violin and opera, and while in school, she took part in as many concerts and shows as possible. Her efforts were noticed and she received an invitation to sing with the Ukrainian folk music group "Halytska Perlyna" (Halych Perl).
In 1993 Kamaliya became the laureate of the Chervona Ruta (Red Rue) Festival and then won the TV-Chance-Stars contest in Moscow. In 1997 she graduated from the University of Culture with a Degree in Variety Art and Mass Shows Direction. At this time, she recorded her first video clip Techno style.
During 1999 and 2000, Kamaliya wrote more than 50 songs, and worked on her album It is Love. In 2000, her song Love You won the first prize as the National Hit Parade's Song of the Year. In 2001 she created the show-center Kamaliya, which not only promoted her, but also organized gala concerts and shows and programs with participation Ukrainian, Russian and foreign stars.
In 2005, Kamaliya took part in the All Ukrainian Charity Tour in support of children with AIDS. The President of Pakistan congratulated Kamaliya on her successful performance at the International Lahore Festival. In 2007 she took part in the Svit talantiv Ukrayiny (All-Ukraine Children Festival), and undertook a charity mission to Pakistan.
In 2003 she became "Miss South Ukraine" and "Miss Open – Odessa".
Mrs World 2008
On June 30, 2008, Kamaliya won the Mrs World pageant. The event took place in Kaliningrad, Russia. She ranked in the top five contestants, which were as follows: Mrs Ukraine, Mrs Belarus, Mrs Vietnam, Mrs Peru and Mrs Singapore.
In December 2011, Kamaliya released her debut UK single Crazy In My Heart. The track was mixed by the UK dance duo Digital Dog.
Kamaliya’s second UK single Rising UP was released on February 26, 2012. The single featured mixes by UK dance ensemble Cahill and US production wizards Soulseekerz. The video for this single was shot in Miami by Paul Boyd, in a luxury villa used in CSI Miami.
Kamaliya's love for animals caught the attention of the animal welfare charity World Society for the Protection of Animals and on February 23, 2012 during a promotional trip to the UK, Kamaliya was asked to headline their annual fundraising party.
Recent notable performances include as a support act to the STEPS reunion tour across the UK. Kamaliya performed as a warm-up act to Shockolady and STEPS on all tour dates bar two (when she was in South Africa to headline Mr Gay World). These appearances coinceded with the launch of her 3rd single 'Arrhythmia' – an Ibiza-inspired dance anthem.
Kamaliya also released her debut UK album Kamaliya onto digital websites and for free with OK! Magazine on 7 August 2012.
Kamaliya's first film role was in the comedy film Muzh Moey Vdovy (Russian: Муж моей вдовы, Husband of My Widow) by Leonid Gorovets. The movie had its theatrical release on April 1, 2010 in Ukraine and Russia. She also appeared in the 2013 American action film Officer Down as Katya.
- "Crazy In My Heart" (2012)
- "Crazy In My Heart" (Digital Dog Radio Edit) - 3:08
- "Crazy In My Heart" (Digital Dog Commercial Radio Edit) - 3:09
- "Crazy In My Heart" (Digital Dog Dub Mix) - 6:18
- "Crazy In My Heart" (Digital Dog Remix) - 6:10
- "Crazy In My Heart" (Buzz Junkies Edit) - 4:40
- "Crazy In My Heart" (Buzz Junkies Remix) - 6:12
- "Crazy In My Heart" (Buzz Junkies Dub) - 6:13
- "Rising Up" (2012)
- "Rising Up" (Cahill Radio Edit) - 3:37
- "Rising Up" (Soulseekerz Radio Edit) - 3:35
- "Rising Up" (Cahill Club Mix) - 5:47
- "Rising Up" (Soulseekerz Club Mix) - 7:14
- "Rising Up" (Cahill Dub) - 5:02
- "Rising Up" (Soulseekerz Dub) - 7:13
- "Rising Up" (Soulseekerz Instrumental) - 7:16
- "Arrhythmia" (2012)
- "Arrhythmia" (Mike Rizzo Radio Edit) - 3:48
- "Arrhythmia" (Mike Rizzo Club Mix) - 6:30
- "Arrhythmia" (Wideboys Remix Radio Edit) - 3:58
- "Arrhythmia" (Wideboys Remix Full Club) - 6:41
- "Arrhythmia" (Stonebridge Mix) - 6:19
- "Arrhythmia" (Wideboys Remix Dub) - 6:41
- "Arrhythmia" (Mike Rizzo Instrumental) - 3:48
- "Butterflies" (2012)
- "I'm Alive" (2013)
- Remixes - EP
- "I'm Alive" (Radio Edit) - 4:11
- "I'm Alive" (Short Edit) - 4:02
- "I'm Alive" (Stadium Club Mix) - 6:59
- "I'm Alive" (Gregori Klosman Club Mix) - 5:06
- "I'm Alive" (Moto Blanco Club Mix) - 6:24
- "Techno Style" (1997)
- "Kamaliya, With Love"
- "Year Of The Queen"
- "Kamaliya" (2012) (both in English and Russian including remix version)
- "Club Opera" (2013)
In 2003, she married British/Pakistan businessman Mohammad Zahoor.
- Popova, Yuliya (August 6, 2009). "Zahoor’s wife, Kamaliya, has her own ambitions". Kyiv Post. Retrieved 26 May 2010.
- Popova, Yuliya (November 26, 2009). "Ukrainian Kamaliya passes her Mrs. World crown to Russian beauty". Kyiv Post. Retrieved 26 May 2010.
- "Cantora ucraniana vence o concurso 'Miss Casada'". G1 (in Portuguese) (AFP). June 30, 2008. Retrieved 26 May 2010.
- "Kamaliya bio at UMKA". umka.com.ua. Retrieved 26 May 2010.
- "Puppets and pop music—a fantastic Saturday night". Daily Times. November 12, 2006. Retrieved 26 May 2010.
- "Svit talantiv Ukrayiny, the 5th All-Ukraine Children Festival". wumag.kiev.ua. Retrieved 26 May 2010.
- "Mrs World history". Retrieved 26 May 2010.
- "News without politics". Voice of Russia. July 1, 2008. Retrieved 26 May 2010.
- "Муж моей вдовы" (in Russian). today.od.ua. Retrieved 26 May 2010.
- "Officer Down (2013)". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2013-04-19.
- "Заслуженная артистка Украины" (in Russian). kamaliya.net. Retrieved 26 May 2010.