|Full name||Kane Stuart Williamson|
8 August 1990 |
Tauranga, New Zealand
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Bowling style||Right-arm off break|
|Test debut (cap 248)||4 November 2010 v India|
|Last Test||21 October 2013 v Bangladesh|
|ODI debut (cap 161)||10 August 2010 v India|
|Last ODI||29 October 2013 v Bangladesh|
|ODI shirt no.||22|
|Domestic team information|
|Source: CricketArchive, 5 November 2013|
Kane Stuart Williamson (born 8 August 1990) is a New Zealand Test cricketer. He plays for Northern Districts, making his first-class debut in December 2007. He made his U-19 debut against the touring Indian U-19 team in 2007 and was named captain of the New Zealand U-19 team for the 2008 U-19 Cricket World Cup. Williamson also represented New Zealand in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 hosted by Subcontinental nations. On 14 August 2013, Williamson signed for Yorkshire for the rest of the English county season.
Williamson attended Tauranga Boys' College from 2004–2008 where he was Head Boy in his final year and was coached by Josh Simms.
After a difficult winter tour with the Emerging Players' Squad, Williamson bounced back in fine style for Northern Districts averaging almost a hundred in the domestic one-day tournament, culminating in scoring 69 off 71 balls the final victory over Auckland Aces.
Williamson made his One-Day International debut against India on 10 August 2010. He was dismissed for a 9th ball duck. In his second match, he was bowled by Angelo Mathews for a second ball duck. He scored his maiden ODI century against Bangladesh on 14 October 2010 in Dhaka and hence became the youngest centurion in New Zealand cricket history. Due to his performance on the Bangladesh tour where New Zealand suffered a 4–0 whitewash, Williamson was selected in the New Zealand Test squad for the tour of India that followed.
Williamson made his Test cricket debut against India at Ahmedabad on 4 November 2010. In his first innings he scored 131 runs off 299 balls and became the eighth New Zealand player to score a century on Test debut.
Williamson currently holds the record for the highest ever strike-rated century by a New Zealander in a One-Day International. He achieved during his 100* off 69 balls against Zimbabwe at Bulawayo, but a fine innings of 99* by Malcolm Waller ensured that he ended up on the losing side.
- In the column Runs, * indicates being not out
- The column title Match refers to the Match Number of the player's career
|1||131||1||India||Ahmedabad, India||Sardar Patel Stadium||2010|
|2||102*||12||South Africa||Wellington, New Zealand||Basin Reserve||2012|
|3||135||18||Sri Lanka||Colombo, Sri Lanka||P Sara Oval||2012|
|4||114||26||Bangladesh||Chittagong, Bangladesh||Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium||2013|
One-Day International centuries
|1||108||5||Bangladesh||Mirpur, Bangladesh||Shere Bangla National Stadium||2010|
|2||100*||18||Zimbabwe||Bulawayo, Zimbabwe||Queens Sports Club||2011|
|3||145*||35||South Africa||Kimberley, South Africa||De Beers Diamond Oval||2013|
Career best performances
as of 23 January 2013
|Tests||135||New Zealand v Sri Lanka||Colombo (Oval)||2012||2-47||New Zealand v West Indies||Antigua||2012|
|ODI||145*||New Zealand v South Africa||kimberley||2013||0-22||New Zealand v South Africa||kimberley||2013|
|T20I||48||New Zealand v Zimbabwe||Auckland||2012||1-6||New Zealand v Zimbabwe||Auckland||2012|
|FC||284*||Northern Districts Knights v Wellington Firebirds||Lincoln||2011||5-75||Northern Districts Knights v Canterbury Wizards||Christchurch (VG)||2009|
|LA||112||Gloucestershire Gladiators v Leicestershire Foxes||Bristol||2012||5-51||Northern Districts Knights v Auckland Aces||Auckland (CMP)||2010|
|T20||53||Northern Districts Knights v Wellington Firebirds||Wellington||2012||3-33||Northern Districts Knights v Wellington Firebirds||Wellington||2012|
- "List of First Class Matches Played by Kane Williamson". Cricket Archive. Retrieved 7 November 2010.
- Coverdale, Brydon (24 March 2010). "Kane Williamson named in New Zealand Test squad". CricInfo. Retrieved 24 March 2010.
- "Scorecard – 2nd Test: New Zealand v Australia at Hamilton, 27-31 March 2010". ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 6 November 2010.
- "Williamson, Bennett in Test squad". ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 7 November 2010.
- "ESPN Cricinfo Live Scores – New Zealand tour of India (Nov 2010), 1st Test: India v New Zealand at Ahmedabad, Nov 4–8, 2010". ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 6 November 2010.
- Ravindran, Siddarth (7 November 2010). "Williamson and Vettori guide New Zealand past 400". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 7 November 2010.
- Williamson joins Gloucestershire ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 29 December 2011
- Statistics / Statsguru / One-Day Internationals / Batting records ESPNCricinfo Statsguru. Retrieved 29 December 2011
- Zimbabwe vs New Zealand Scorecard ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 29 December 2011
- Kane Williamson at New Zealand Cricket Players Association
- Player profile: Kane Williamson from CricketArchive
- Player profile: Kane Williamson from ESPNcricinfo