||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009)|
10 March 1974 |
|Instruments||Guitar, piano, clarinet|
|Associated acts||Lady and Bird, Barði Jóhannsson|
Keren Ann Zeidel (Hebrew: קרן אן זיידל born 10 March 1974 in Caesarea, Israel) is a singer, songwriter, composer, producer, and engineer based largely in Paris, Tel Aviv, and New York City. She plays guitar, piano, and clarinet. She also engineers and writes choir and musical arrangements.
Life and career
Her parents are Russian-Jewish and Dutch-Javanese. She lived in Israel and in the Netherlands until the age of 11, when her family moved to France. Though she has lived and recorded mostly in France and New York, she retains her Dutch and Israeli citizenship. She is fluent in English, Hebrew and French.
Keren Ann has released six solo albums; "101" (2011), "Keren Ann" (2007), "Nolita" (2005), "Not Going Anywhere" (2003), "La Disparition" (2002), "La Biographie De Luka Philipsen" (2000); Many of her songs were performed by internationally acclaimed artists, among others: Henri Salvador, Jane Birkin, Francoise Hardy, Rosa Passos, Jacky Terasson, Emmanuelle Seigner and Benjamin Biolay. Her music has been featured in many films and TV series, including: "Grey's Anatomy", "Six Feet Under", "Big Love", and "Deux Jours à Tuer". Her song "Beautiful Day" has been the sound of the "Skyteam" campaign, and in 2008 her song "Lay Your Head Down" was the synch for the international H&M Spring commercial. Her first Opera "Red Waters" co-written with Bardi Johansson was produced by The "Opera de Rouen" and " and directed by Arthur Nauzyciel and performed in 4 different Opera houses around France. Keren Ann and Bardi also form the band "Lady&Bird", the released a selftitled studio album in 2003 as well as a live recording of their performance with the Icelandic Symphony Orchestra in 2009. Her original soundtrack for Benoit Petre's fist feature "Chantal & Friends" included cover versions of French oldies from the 60's. Her latest original soundtrack was for "Yossi" a film by Eytan Fox which premiered at the opening of the Tribeca Film Festival in April 2012.
Keren Ann took part in many internationally acclaimed recordings such as "Chambre Avec Vue" written for Henri Salvador in 2000, and "The Isis Project" written with Guy Chambers in 2004. In 2008, Keren Ann composed, with Tibo Javoy, the entire sound design for the European TV Channel "ARTE".
Keren Ann co-wrote and co-produced with Doriand the second album of singer and actress Emmanuelle Seigner, due for release in February 2010. She contributed an original score for a French feature by director Benoit Petre, starring Jane Birkin. The film was due to be released in March 2010.
Her sixth solo album, 101, was issued in 2011.
In July 2012, Keren Ann gave birth to her first child, Nico.
Writings and recordings
- La Biographie de Luka Philipsen EMI (2000–2001)
- La Disparition EMI (2002)
- Not Going Anywhere Capitol Records (2003)
- Nolita at Metro Blue/Blue Note U.S and EMI (2004–2005)
- Keren Ann at Metro Blue/Blue Note U.S and EMI (2006–2007)
- 101 EMI (2011)
- (New Album) (2015-03-12)
Collaborations and scores
- Chambre Avec Vue with Henri Salvador at Source-Virgin France (2000–2001)
- Lady & Bird (by Keren Ann and B. Johannsson at Labels 2003)
- The Isis Project with Guy Chambers and Sophie Hunter at Sleeper Music UK (2004–2005)
- ARTE New Sound with Tibo Javoy
- La Ballade of Lady & Bird with Icelandic Symphonic Orchestra at EMI
- Dingue for Emmanuelle Seigner with Doriand at Sony Music France.
- Thelma, Louis & Chantal Original Score.
- "Red Waters" Opera by Keren Ann Zeidel & Bardi Johannsson (2011)
- "Soleil Bleu" / Sylvie Vartan @ Sony Music France (2011)
- Grey's Anatomy – Song: Not Going Anywhere
- Skyteam Advertisement – Song: Beautiful Day
- HBO Six Feet Under – Song: Jardin D'hiver
- HBO Big Love – Song: L'onde Amere
- SHO The L Word – Song: Do What I do (Lady & Bird)
- TGV Advertisement – Song: Malmo Lives (Lady & Bird)
- H&M Advertisement – Song: Lay Your Head Down
- Daewoo Motor Sales Iaan Advertisement – Song: Right now & Right here
- Orange Advertisement (song: Lay Your Head Down)
- Galia Advertisement (song: Right Now & Right Here)
- Nurse Jackie - Song: My Name is Trouble
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Keren Ann.|