August 19, 1965 |
|Political party||Telangana Rashtra Samithi|
Konda Surekha was born in Warangal to Thumma Chandra Mouli and Thumma Radha in Padmashali family and married with Munnur Kapu's Konda Murali.
Konda Surekha was elected as Mandal Parishad, in 1995. In 1996 she was appointed as PCC member and 1999 was elected as M.L.A from Shayampet. In 1999 she became a Congress Legislature Party Treasurer, as well as being a member Women & Child Welfare Committee, Health and Primary Education Standing committee. She was appointed as AICC Member in 2000.
In 2004 she got elected as MLA –Shayampet and in 2004 was an official spokesperson for Congress party. She became Ex Officio Member, Municipal corporation, in 2005. In 2009 she got elected as Parkal MLA and was sworn in as Minister for Women Development & Child Welfare, Disabled & Juvenile Welfare.
She served as Minister for Women Development & Child Welfare, Disabled & Juvenile Welfare under Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy, but resigned after YSR's death when his son Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy was not made Chief Minister, even he has majority MLAs support.
She resigned on 4 July 2011, her MLA seat for Jagan cause and later for YSRs name mentioned in FIR. She contested in by-polls held on 12 June 2012 from Parkal assembly constituency as YSR Congress Party candidate.
She resigned from YSRC party in July 2013 citing ill-treatment from the Jagan Mohan Reddy Party people. She recently joined Telangana Rashtra Samithi party, contested from Warangal-East Assembly constituency and won as an MLA with a good majority.
- "Surekha with Telangana MLAs on quitting". Ibnlive.in.com. 2011-07-03. Retrieved 2013-07-19.
- PTI (2011-07-04). "Telangana issue: Jagan loyalist MLA quits". The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-07-19.
- "Surekha gives a setback to Rosaiah leadership in Andhra Pradesh with resignation". Sify.com. 2009-10-30. Retrieved 2013-07-19.
- "Andhra minister's resignation accepted". Sify.com. 2009-10-30. Retrieved 2013-07-19.
- Menon, Amarnath K. and Priya Sahgal "Why Sonia fears Jagan?" India Today November 26, 2010
- "Cong says it's not opposed to Telangana". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 2013-07-19.
- http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/andhra-pradesh/konda-couple-joins-trs/article5801843.ece. Missing or empty
|This article about an Indian National Congress politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Andhra Pradesh politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|