|Born||10 February 1970|
|Occupation||Poet, Indian Politician|
- Ik Pagli Ladki Ke Bin (1998)
- Koi Deewana Kehta Hai (2007)
- Koi Deewana Kehta Hai & Beyond (2009)
- Beyond... (2013)
- Alakh (2014)
Vishwas has performed regularly at Kavi sammelan both in India and abroad. Venues have included the IIT Roorkee, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, MNNIT Allahabad, NIT Patna, IIM Lucknow, NIT Jalandhar, NIT Trichy, and BITS, Pilani.
- Awarded Certificate of Recognition by California State Assembly
- Invited to Google HQ, California to address the Indians working there
Vishwas supported the anti-corruption movement led by Anna Hazare. He is a member of the national executive of the Aam Aadmi Party. He contested the 2014 Lok Sabha election, as an Aam Aadmi Party candidate from Amethi, but lost to Rahul Gandhi.
A video clip from Kavi sammelan in which he is shown making alleged derogatory remarks about Imam Hussain and Hindu deities went viral,various cases were registered against him. Vishwas responded that the clippings were doctored and he apologizes if he had unintentionally hurt someone's sentiment.
A sting operation was carried out by a media portal ahead of the 2013 Delhi Assembly elections that claimed that some Aam Aadmi Party members, including Vishwas, had raised illegal cash donations. The Aam Aadmi Party accused the portal of slandering the leaders of the party. The Aam Admi Party filed a lawsuit against CEO of the media portal mediasarkar.com.
On 21 January 2013 a YouTube clip of Kumar doing a stand up comedy went viral in social networking sites in which he is said to have given racial comments on nurses from Kerala. In the clip, dating from 2008, he goes on to say that nurses from Kerala are black in complexion and that is the reason they do not have profile pictures on Facebook. In addition, he says that due to their colour they are called "sister" by patients. This sparked outrage. The Chief Minister of Kerala, Oommen Chandy, wrote to Arvind Kejriwal seeking apology for his racist and derogatory comments on Kerala nurses. Later, Vishwas apologised for his remarks, saying it was not his intention to hurt anyone's sentiments or feelings.
- Who is Dr. Kumar Vishwas – biography, profile and more
- "Kumar Vishwas may get Lok Sabha ticket from Amethi". Times of India. 11 January 2014. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "LRPG College".
- कुमार विश्वास - Kavita Kosh
- "Koi Deewana Kehta Hai". Flipkart.com.
- Uttarakhand Traffic: Dr Kumar Vishwas at IIT roorkee in Kavi Samelan
- Algorhythm 2011
- Kumar Vishwas New Kavita March (2010) MNNIT Part 8
- "Dr. Kumar Vishwas @ NIT PATNA Videos, Watch Free Dr. Kumar Vishwas @ NIT PATNA Videos Online : IN.com". http://www.in.com/.
- The Official Blog of IIM Lucknow
- "CEREBRUM AT ANAND ENGG. COLLEGE,AGRA Utkansh'10, NIT- Jalandhar presents Utkansh 2010,Annual Cultural Festival — Events Home".
- "Nit Trichy Timeline". Dipity.
- BITS Pilani Oasis Festival – BITS Pilani to host 40th Oasis Festival on 22-26 October 2010 | Press Release
- "Indian Mushaira in DSF — Dubai Travel News".
- "India Abroad — June 4, 2010".
- "Hindi poet on a peace mission — International News – News – MSN India".
- Welcome to the ISKCON
- "Awarded Kumar Vishwas Poet California Assembly America — www.bhaskar.com". www.bhaskar.com.
- "Look who turned up at Google? Kumar Vishwas!". Rediff. 30 July 2014.
- "Arvind Kejriwal formally launches Aam Aadmi Party". The Times of India. IANS. 2012-11-26. Retrieved 2013-01-02.[dead link]
- "Election Results 2014: Rahul Gandhi wins Amethi seat by 1.07 lakh votes". Economic Times. Retrieved 18 May 2014.
- "Kumar Vishwas booked in Lucknow for remarks against Hindu deities". Firstpost.
- Kumar Vishwas has apologised for his Muharram comments, says Kejriwal : Delhi, News - India Today
- AAP sting operation: Website says will not give raw footage : North, News - India Today
- ‘Media sarkar’ operation stings AAP candidates
- AAP sees CD, gives clean chit to candidates - The Hindu
- AAP files defamation case against 'Media Sarkar' - The New Indian Express
- Kumar Vishwas in trouble over 'sexist remarks' on nurses - Video | The Times of India
- Comment on Keralite nurses: Oommen Chandy wants Kumar Vishwas to apologize - Times Of India
- "Kumar Vishwas apologies over his remarks on Nurses from Kerala". IANS. Biharprabha News. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kumar Vishwas.|