Kyle Cooper (Born July 1962) is an American designer of motion picture title sequences.
Cooper was born in Salem, Massachusetts, and studied interior architecture at University of Massachusetts Amherst. He then went on to study graphic design under Paul Rand at Yale University, receiving his Master of Fine Arts from there in 1988. Early in his professional career, Cooper worked as a creative director at R/GA - an advertising agency with offices in New York and Los Angeles. During this period, Cooper created the title sequence for the 1995 American crime film Seven, a seminal work which received critical acclaim  and inspired a number of younger designers.[dubious ] According to Cooper, at the time he made the title sequence for Seven, main title sequences were behind of what was happening in print, music videos and commercials. He wanted to create main titles that were raising the bar creatively.
In 1996, Kyle co-founded Imaginary Forces with Peter Frankfurt and Chip Houghton- a creative agency that came out of the West Coast division of R/GA. "We have spent a long time building and refining a brilliant creative and production team ... Keeping this group together as our own company is truly exciting," commented Cooper about the name change. Too involved by the business-side of running a design company the size of Imaginary Forces, Cooper decided it was time for him to focus more on his creative work. He left Imaginary Forces. In 2003, Cooper founded the creative agency Prologue.
Prologue, initially located in Malibu, moved to offices in Venice Beach, California, in 2008.
Selected film and game title sequences
- Immortal Beloved (1994)
- Braveheart (1995)
- Seven (1995)
- The Island of Dr. Moreau (1996)
- Flubber (1997)
- Mimic (1997)
- Arlington Road (1999)
- The Mummy (1999)
- Zoolander (2001)
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (2001)
- Spider-Man (2002)
- Dawn of the Dead (2004)
- Spider-Man 2 (2004)
- Godzilla: Final Wars (2004)
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (2004)
- The New World (2005)
- Superman Returns (2006)
- Spider-Man 3 (2007)
- Across the Universe (2007)
- Iron Man (2008)
- The Incredible Hulk (2008)
- Tropic Thunder (2008)
- Orphan (2009)
- Sherlock Holmes (2009)
- Tron: Legacy (2010)
- A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)
- The Walking Dead (2010)
- Arthur (2011)
- American Horror Story (2011)
- The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty (2013)
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (2014)
- "Kyle Cooper". AIGA. Retrieved May 3, 2014.
- Solana, Gemma; Antonio Boneu (2008). Uncredited – Graphic Design and Opening Titles in Movies (2nd ed.). Barcelona: Index Book. ISBN 84-96309-52-5. Retrieved 28 March 2010.
- Wolting, Femke; Remco Vlaanderen (2010-02-12). "Stars Aligned for Se7en's Main Title". SubmarineChannel. Retrieved 2010-03-25.
- Weiner, Rex (1996-12-02). "Title card change: RGA/LA becomes Imaginary Forces". Variety.
- "Wired 12.06: The Dark Genius of Kyle Cooper". Wired.
- Kyle Cooper at the Internet Movie Database
- The Incredible Hulk (+ Kyle Cooper interview) on Art of the Title
- Kyle Cooper video interview pt. 1/2 on Forget the Film, Watch the Titles
- Kyle Cooper lecture Kyle Cooper lecture at Boston University