LGBT rights in Tajikistan
|LGBT rights in Tajikistan|
|Same-sex sexual activity legal?||Legal|
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) persons in Tajikistan face legal challenges not experienced by non-LGBT residents. Both male and female same-sex sexual activity is legal in Tajikistan, but same-sex couples and households headed by same-sex couples are not eligible for the same legal protections available to opposite-sex married couples.
Law regarding same-sex sexual activity
The real situation for LGBT
Even the law is not prohibit same sex marriage, the real situation in the country for LGBT people are worst. Mostly this due to the religion and believes of the people. From one site nonacceptance of the LGBT community is due to influence by Russia and from other site the Islamic radicalism. Even the law is "loyal" the reality for LGBT people are hard. Harassment from police an and public is quite common in the country.
Recognition of same-sex relationships
Tajikistan does not recognize same-sex unions.
- State-sponsored Homophobia A world survey of laws prohibiting same sex activity between consenting adults
- National Laws – Legislation of Interpol member states on sexual offences against children – Tajikistan
- Leach, Anna. "Tajikistan rife with homophobia". Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- Sodiqov, Alexander. "Tajikistan Remains ‘Hell for Gays’".
- "UPR Submission on Sexual Rights in Tajikistan". October. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
|This article about lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender-related law is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Tajikistan-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|