LGBT rights in Tajikistan
||This article is written like a personal reflection or opinion essay that states the Wikipedia editor's particular feelings about a topic, rather than the opinions of experts. (April 2014)|
|LGBT rights in Tajikistan|
|Same-sex sexual activity legal?||Legal|
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) persons in Tajikistan face legal challenges not experienced by non-LGBT residents. Both male and female same-sex sexual activity are legal in Tajikistan, but same-sex couples and households headed by same-sex couples are not eligible for the same legal protections available to opposite-sex married couples.
Law regarding same-sex sexual activity
The real situation for LGBT
Even though the law does not prohibit same-sex marriage, the real situation in the country for LGBT people is bad. Mostly this is due to the religion and beliefs of the people. From one side, nonacceptance of the LGBT community is due to influence by Russia; and from other side, Islamic radicalism. Even the law is "loyal"; the reality for LGBT people is hard. Harassment from police and the public is quite common in the country.
Recognition of same-sex relationships
Tajikistan does not recognize same-sex unions.
- State-sponsored Homophobia A world survey of laws prohibiting same sex activity between consenting adults
- National Laws – Legislation of Interpol member states on sexual offences against children – Tajikistan
- Leach, Anna. "Tajikistan rife with homophobia". Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- Sodiqov, Alexander. "Tajikistan Remains ‘Hell for Gays’".
- "UPR Submission on Sexual Rights in Tajikistan". October 2011. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
|This article about lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender-related law is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Tajikistan-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|