|Lauren Bush Lauren|
Bush Lauren at the 2012 Time 100 gala
|Born||Lauren Pierce Bush
June 25, 1984
Houston, Texas, U.S.
|Alma mater||Princeton University|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Spouse(s)||David Lauren (2011–present)|
Sharon Smith Bush
Lauren Pierce Bush Lauren (born June 25, 1984) is a fashion model and designer. She is the daughter of Neil Bush and Sharon Bush (née Smith). She is the niece of former President George W. Bush and the granddaughter of former President George H. W. Bush.
Bush was born in Denver, Colorado and raised in Houston, Texas. She attended high school at Kinkaid School in Houston, Texas, as did her sister Ashley, and brother Pierce. She studied fashion design at BEBE and Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design and graduated from Princeton University in 2006 with a B.A. in Anthropology and a certificate in Photography. She was a member of The Ivy Club, one of Princeton's eleven eating clubs.
Standing 5 feet 6 inches (1.68 m), Bush is signed with Elite Model Management. She has been featured on the covers of Vogue and Vanity Fair magazine and has frequently modeled for Tommy Hilfiger, as well as for Abercrombie & Fitch and designers Gai Mattiolo and Isaac Mizrahi. Bush was an intern on the television sitcom Friends, making a cameo in one episode, and interned alongside Ashley Olsen with designer Zac Posen. In 2005, Bush traveled to Chad as a Student Ambassador for the World Food Program.
Bush relaunched her fashion label on September 11, 2008, under the name "Lauren Pierce." About her decision to use her middle name, Pierce, as opposed to her last name for the title of her line, Bush told W magazine in November 2008 that it "wasn't a conscious decision." Further pressed, Bush said, "Obviously my last name is associated with politics. But Pierce is my grandmother's maiden name and my younger brother's name. It's not about downplaying my last name as much as it is about loving Pierce. And my brother is very flattered." Former President George H.W. Bush and Barbara Bush were in the front row at the Lauren Pierce Spring 2011 show during the inaugural Houston Fashion Week, in October 2010.
Personal life 
- "First-Term Fashion - Fashion News - WWD.com". WWD Fashion. 2008-09-10. Retrieved 2008-09-10.
- McDevitt, Caitlin (September 5, 2011). "Lauren Bush marries David Lauren". Politico. Retrieved September 5, 2011.
- Team FEED. Feedprojects.com (2002-07-22). Retrieved on 2011-10-06.
- LEADERS Interview with Lauren Bush, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, FEED Projects. Leadersmag.com. Retrieved on 2011-10-06.
- Summer work experience, or internships, are all the rage, but there are as many quirks as perks, warns Bee Shaffer. Telegraph.co.uk. 9 August 2006
- World Food Program Names Lauren Bush Honorary Spokesperson For Global Hunger Campaign. waronhunger.org. 22 April 2004
- A Journey to Chad: Lauren Bush's Photojournal. Mtvu.com. Retrieved on 2011-10-06.
- GOOD Magazine | Goodmagazine – Model Citizen. Goodmagazine (2006-12-08). Retrieved on 2011-10-06.
- "Lauren Bush's Inaugural Designs". "W magazine. 2008-11-01. Retrieved 2009-02-17.
- "Front Row: Former President George H.W. Bush and Barbara Bush at Houston Fashion Week". "The Daily Truffle. 2010-10-13. Retrieved 2010-11-04.
- Newlywed Lauren Bush Lauren - no hyphen – on how she signs her new name | Mail Online. Dailymail.co.uk (2011-09-24). Retrieved on 2011-10-06.
- Norwich, William (November 11, 2011). "Western Union:Lauren Bush and David Lauaren's Wedding". Vogue (Condé Nast Publications). Retrieved 2012-06-12.
- [Clifford] (September 5, 2011). "All the details on the Western wedding: Lauren Bush marries David Lauren in sunset ceremony". CultureMap Houston (Houston's Daily Digital Magazine). Retrieved 2012-06-15.
- "Lunching with Lauren Bush at Vegetarian Restaurant Candle 79". Hearst Communication, Inc. 2011-05-18. Archived from the original on 2012-04-22. Retrieved 2012-04-22.
- "Lauren Bush Fighting American Childhood Obesity and World Hunger at the Same Time". FOX News Network, LLC. 2010-08-06. Archived from the original on 2010-08-12. Retrieved 2012-04-22.
- "PETA names presidential niece Lauren Bush "sexiest vegetarian alive"". Chicago Tribune. 2003-07-16. Archived from the original on 2012-04-22. Retrieved 2012-04-22.
- Peta's Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrities of 2011 - Past Winners, 2011, archived from the original on 2012-04-22
- FEED Projects, raising awareness and funds to help feed hungry children around the world
- AskMen biography
- Lauren Bush at the Fashion Model Directory
- 21st century debs on 2005 Bal des Débutantes
- Burning Bush from Style magazine
- Lauren Bush participating in Georgetown University's World Hunger fair from The People Speak
- Lauren Bush participating in the Stand Up Against Global Poverty Event at Georgetown University