Lauren at the 2012 Time 100 gala
|Born||October 1971 (age 42)
New York City, New York
|Alma mater||Duke University|
|Employer||Polo Ralph Lauren|
|Title||Senior Vice President of Advertising, Marketing and Corporate Communications|
|Spouse(s)||Lauren Bush (2011-present)|
David Lauren was born in 1971, the son of Ricky Anne (née Low-Beer) and fashion designer and executive Ralph Lauren. His father was the son of Belarus-born Jewish immigrants. His mother was the daughter of a Jewish father and an Austrian Catholic mother, both immigrants from Austria. The second of three children, Lauren has an older brother, Andrew Lauren, and a younger sister, Dylan Lauren.
Lauren attended Duke University, where he studied Political Science. At Duke, he founded Swing, a general interest lifetstyle publication for Generation X, where he served as President and Editor-In-Chief. Swing was eventually published by Hachette Filipacchi Médias.
Lauren is currently Executive Vice President, Advertising, Marketing and Corporate Communications at Ralph Lauren Corporation, a position he has held since February 2000. In his role at Ralph Lauren Corporation, Lauren is responsible for the global advertising and marketing campaigns for the company for 28 brands, overseeing over 200 advertising campaigns a year, as well as the company's corporate and fashion communications and strategic marketing partnerships.
Lauren joined Ralph Lauren Corporation in 2000 to run the company's internet operations with Ralph Lauren Media, LLC., where he launched the Ralph Lauren website under an idea he called "merchan-tainment," or the combination of merchandising and entertainment.
In his time at Ralph Lauren Corporation, Lauren has played a role in many key initiatives, including the establishment of RalphLauren.com, the launch of the Rugby brand, and Ralph Lauren Corporation's entry into mobile applications. Lauren has also orchestrated the company's sponsorship of several international sporting events and teams, including Wimbledon, the U.S. Open, and the U.S. Olympic teams. In 2007, he was named DNR's "Marketer of the Year."
Lauren joined the Board of Directors of Ralph Lauren Corporation in August 2013.
Lauren serves as President of the Polo Ralph Lauren Foundation, with which he participates in numerous charitable organizations, including the Pink Pony fund, the Ralph Lauren Center for Cancer Care and Prevention, the Polo Jeans G.I.V.E. program, and the Star-Spangled Banner Preservation Project at the Smithsonian National Museum of American History. As of September 4, 2011 David Lauren is married to Lauren Bush Lauren, granddaughter of former U.S. President George H.W. Bush.
- "The Lauren Family". New York Observer. 2006-12-17. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
- Pg.213 The Fairchild encyclopedia of menswear; Mary Lisa Gavenas, Fairchild Publications Inc
- "Genuine Authentic: The Real Life of Ralph Lauren" By Michael Gross p 92-92
- Interfaith Family.com "Interfaith Celebrities: Fall TV Preview, The Emmys and the Lauren-Bush Wedding" By Nate Bloom September 13, 2011
- "Ralph's European Invasion". Time Magazine. July 21, 2002. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
- MARC KARIMZADEH (2009-12-09). "Follow The Leader". Women's Wear Daily (Fairchild Fashion Group). Retrieved 2010-02-22.
- Natalie Zmuda (2009-09-29). "Ralph Lauren Looks to Innovate Beyond Mobile Comfort Zones". Ad Age (Crain Communications). Retrieved 2009-11-17.
- Jean Scheidnes (2010-12-07). "David Lauren; With A Talent for Digital Media, Ralph's Son is Uniquely Suited to Communicate Polo to New Generations". Daily News Record (Fairchild Publications, Inc).
- Rodney Reid (2004-12-13). "The New Look of Polo Ralph Lauren". The Harbus (Harvard Business School). Retrieved 2009-11-17.
- Arienne Thompson (2010-02-06). "Ralph Lauren tailors Team USA for Vancouver Games entrance". USA Today (Gannett). Retrieved 2010-02-22.
- "Ralph Lauren Inspires with His Devotion to Cancer Initiatives". Vanity Fair. 2010-10-20. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
- "Star Spangled Banner - Credits". Star-Spangled Banner Campaign. Smithsonian Institution. Retrieved 2010-02-23.
- Norwich, William (November 11, 2011). "Western Union:Lauren Bush and David Lauaren's Wedding". Vogue (Condé Nast Publications). Retrieved 2012-06-12.
- [Clifford] (September 5, 2011). "All the details on the Western wedding: Lauren Bush marries David Lauren in sunset ceremony". CultureMap Houston (Houston's Daily Digital Magazine). Retrieved 2012-06-15.
- "Lauren Bush and David Lauren Tie the Knot". People. September 5, 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-05. Lauren (the former) was named to Vanity Fair's 2009 Best Dressed List alongside Barack Obama, Brad Pitt, and Michael Bloomberg.
- "The 2009 International Best-Dressed List". Vanity Fair. August 4, 2009.