||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)|
April 19, 1984
Seoul, South Korea
|Alma mater||Konkuk University (BFA)|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Revised Romanization||I Da-hae|
|Revised Romanization||Byeon Da-hae|
Lee Da-hae and her family moved to Sydney, Australia for five years. She dropped out of Burwood Girls High School to pursue her acting career in Korea. She now lives with her mother in Seoul while her father and brother reside in Sydney, Australia. Besides acting, Lee is also passionate about traditional Korean dance. She performed many times in front of small audiences in Australia.
Lee Da-hae started her career when she won the title of MBC Chun Hyang Pageant in 2001. Then she starred in some of dramas and music videos.
In 2004, she got her first leading role in MBC drama Lotus Flower Fairy for which she received Best New Actress in Baeksang Arts Awards.
In 2008, she was cast in the 2008 hit action drama East of Eden alongside Yun Jung Hoon and Song Seung Hun. Not much later Lee went to the emergency room. She had collapsed because her busy schedule along with her excessive workouts at the gym resulted in severe fatigue. But Lee Da Hae had shockingly announced her departure from the drama due to health reasons and decided to leave in Episode 40, which was aired January 14. Lee's character, Min Hye Rin, will embark for overseas studies in America, effectively marking the exit of Lee Da Hae in a natural manner and was eventually replaced by Hwang Jung Eum.
In 2009, Lee Da-hae went on vacation with her mother in January, moved to J. Tune Entertainment where she worked under the same roof with Rain and modeled for Swarovski Spring/Summer Collection. She also filmed the scandalous love-themed music video "Dance For Two" with Taiwanese singer, rapper, actor, Wilber Pan.
In 2010, Lee Da-hae made controversy among Filipinos when she was asked to mimic about the filipino teacher in Korea, although she has made a public apology afterwards.
In 2010, Lee Da-hae starred in the hit drama The Slave Hunters along with Jang Hyuk and Oh Ji Ho and then in 2011, she starred in drama Miss Ripley for which she received Best Actress Award in the Korean Cultural Entertainment Awards.
In 2012, Lee Da-hae made her Chinese debut through the drama "Love Actually" along with top Taiwanese star Joe Cheng.
|2002||Ling Ling / Ring Ring (링링)||Song Eun-ha||MBC|
|2002||Shoot for the Stars (별을쏘다)||SBS|
|2003||Thousand Years of Love (천년지애)||SBS|
|2003||Good News (기쁜 소식)||MBC|
|2004||Sweet 18 (낭랑18세)||Moon Ga-young||KBS|
|2004||Star's Echo (별의 소리)||Ji-young||MBC / Fuji TV|
|2004||Lotus Flower Fairy (왕꽃 선녀님)||Yoon Cho-won||MBC|
|2005||Green Rose (그린로즈)||Oh Soo-ah||SBS|
|2005||My Girl (마이걸)||Joo Yoo-rin||SBS|
|2007||Hello! Miss (헬로 애기씨)||Lee Su-ha||KBS|
|2007||Robber (불한당)||Jin Dal-rae||SBS|
|2008||East of Eden (에덴의 동쪽)||Min Hye-rin||MBC|
|2010||The Slave Hunters (추노)||Un-nyun / Hye-won||KBS|
|2010||The Fugitive: Plan B (도망자 Plan.B)||Hye-won (cameo)||KBS|
|2011||Miss Ripley (미스 리플리)||Jang Mi-ri||MBC|
|2012||Love Recipe / Love Actually (愛的蜜方)||Wang Xiao Xia||Hunan TV|
|2013||IRIS 2: New Generation (아이리스 2)||Ji Soo-yeon||KBS|
- 2008: Can, Can, Can! (Song for Samsung Hauzen Kimchi Refrigerator)
- 2007: I Love Rock'n Roll (Korean version)
- 2006: If You are Willing To (Digital single from the drama My Girl that she sang in Episode 4)
- Greencard CF
- J Polack clothing
- Hauzen CF
- Hummings CF
- Amore Pacific - V=B Program CF
- Venus CF
- Dentrala CF
- BC TOP Card CF
- Hoban CF
- Hercyna CF
- Samsung Kimchi Refrigerator CF
- Beyond FAIL CF
- BBK life electric - Soymilk (Chinese CF)
- Just BB (Basic Beauty) Cosmetics (Chinese CF)
- Imperial Clothing Brand
- COSHIP and Hyundai Intelligent TV (Chinese CF)
- Somang (Danahan) Cosmetics CF
- G.Borgovani Glasses
- MarieMullin Clothing Brand
- Arnaldo Bassini Clothing Brand
- 2013 Asia Model Festival Awards: Asia Star Award
- 2012 Third LETV Entertainment Awards (China): Most Popular Actress in the Asia-Pacific Region (Love Actually)
- 2011 Korean Culture and Entertainment Awards: Best Actress (Miss Ripley)
- 2010 China Fashion Awards: Asian Fashionista
- 2010 KBS Drama Awards: Best Couple with Jang Hyuk (The Slave Hunters)
- 2009 Asia Model Festival Awards: Popular Star Award
- 2007 KBS Drama Awards: Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries (Hello! Miss)
- 2006 SBS Drama Awards: Top 10 Stars (Green Rose and My Girl)
- 2005 SBS Drama Awards: Excellence Award, Actress in a Drama Special (Green Rose and My Girl)
- 2005 Baeksang Arts Awards: Best New Actress for TV (Lotus Flower Fairy)
- 2004 MBC Drama Awards: Best New Actress (Lotus Flower Fairy)
- MV Wilber Pan and Lee Da Hae Dance For Two Koja Productions, 2009-05-21. Retrieved May 21, 2009.