LMN (TV channel)
|Owned by||A+E Networks
(Hearst Corporation (50%)/Disney-ABC Television Group (50%)
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)
|Slogan||Every Night is Movie Night|
|Headquarters||New York City, New York|
Lifetime Real Women
1253 On Demand (HD)
|Dish Network||109 (HD/SD)|
|Verizon FiOS||641 (HD)
|Available on many cable systems||Check local listings for channels|
|AT&T U-verse||1362 (HD)
LMN (formerly Lifetime Movie Network) is an American cable channel that is a subsidiary of A+E Networks, which is a joint venture of the Disney–ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation. LMN offers women-oriented movies and shows exclusively, especially made for television movies. Many, though not all, of its movies are Lifetime originals first shown on Lifetime.
As of August 2013, LMN is available to approximately 83,933,000 pay television households (73.5% of households with television) in the United States.
LMN launched in June 1998 as Lifetime Movie Network. The original format of the network was longer segments of made-for-television movies with limited commercial interruptions, airing twice a day. As the network grew and broadcast networks have ended production of made-for-TV movies, more commercial breaks have been added, and slowly the network has added theatrical releases to the schedule. There are different movies each day, some repeating into the next programming day. The channel re-branded as LMN in 2007, and re-added the full name in mid-2008 in Lifetime's attempt to broaden their brand. It has since switched back to its rebrand as just LMN.
On April 19, 2009, the broadcast of Natalee Holloway attracted 3.2 million viewers and more than 1 million women in the 18-49 age bracket, garnering the highest Nielsen ratings in the network's history at that time.
The network debuted its first original series on October 13, 2013. The Haunting Of, I Survived... and Celebrity Ghost Stories, which previously aired on The Biography Channel, have also moved to LMN.
- "About Lifetime". Lifetime. April 10, 2010. Retrieved April 10, 2010.
- Seidman, Robert (August 23, 2013). "List of How Many Homes Each Cable Networks Is In — Cable Network Coverage Estimates As Of August 2013". TV by the Numbers. Zap2it. Retrieved August 27, 2013.
- Kissel, Rick (April 20, 2009). "Lifetime Movie scores with 'Holloway". Variety.
- A&E Acquires Lifetime, Variety.com, August 27, 2009
- A&E Networks, Lifetime Merger Completed, Broadcasting & Cable, August 27, 2009
- Kondolojy, Amanda (September 24, 2013). "LMN Premieres First Original Series 'Killer Profile' on Sunday October 13 at 9 AM". TV by the Numbers (Press release). Retrieved November 28, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (25, 2014). "Benched A&E Drama Series 'Those Who Kill' To Air On Sibling LMN". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 26, 2014.