Ling Ao Nuclear Power Plant
|Ling Ao Nuclear Power Plant|
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Location||Longgang District, Shenzhen, Guangdong|
|Commission date||28 May 2002|
|Operator(s)||Lingao Nuclear Power Company Ltd.|
|Nuclear power station|
|Reactor type||PWR, CPR-1000|
|Units operational||2 x 938 MWe, 2 x 1000 MWe (net)
2 x 990 MWe, 2 x 1080 MWe (gross)
|Units planned||4 x 1080 MW|
Ling Ao Nuclear Power Plant (岭澳核电站) is located on the Dapeng Peninsula in Longgang District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China, about 60 km north of Hong Kong, 1 km north of Daya Bay Nuclear Power Plant. It is operated by China Guangdong Nuclear Power Company. The units on site are separated between phase I and phase II.
In a Phase II development two CPR-1000 reactors, Ling Ao II-1 and II-2 (alternatively, units 3 and 4), were constructed in conjunction with Areva, based on the French three cooling loop design. Ling Ao II-1, China’s first domestic CPR-1000 nuclear power plant, was first connected to the grid on 15 July 2010, having started criticality testing on 11 June 2010. It started commercial operations on 27 September 2010. Ling Ao II-2 was synchronized to the grid on May 3, 2011, with commercial operation beginning on August 7, 2011.
- "Nuclear Power Reactor Details - LINGAO 1". Power Reactor Information System (PRIS). International Atomic Energy Agency. Retrieved 2010-07-18.
- "Fuel loading starts at new Chinese reactor". World Nuclear News. 22 April 2010. Retrieved 18 July 2010.
- "First power at China's Ling Ao". Nuclear Engineering International. 16 July 2010. Retrieved 17 July 2010.
- "Reactor starts up at Ling Ao II". World Nuclear News. 11 June 2010. Retrieved 18 July 2010.
- "New Ling Ao II unit enters into service". World Nuclear News. 27 September 2010. Retrieved 2 October 2010.
- "Second Ling Ao II unit enters service". World Nuclear News. 8 August 2011. Retrieved 12 December 2012.
- Daya Bay and Ling Ao Power Plants Has a satellite map.